𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝑋𝐼𝑋

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐂 𝟏𝟗𝟑𝟐

   𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐃 into the grand halls of the Ministry of Magic. The unflattering bricks that held the building into place had always given young Victoria an uneasy feeling of eeriness. Tiny cylindrical offices were stacked on top of each other, supported by red brick pillars that gave the sense that the offices were in fact prison cells. Some Ministry workers would agree in silent mutters so as to not get into trouble. Victoria held in her breath in the hopes of slowing down her hammering heart, as she glanced up at the offices, afraid they would collapse and fall onto her.

There was arguably never a moment the Atrium looked truly beautiful as not even the sunlight could reach the depths of it. The British Ministry of Magic was located underground to hide from the Muggles above. However, this gave the building a cold, shivering atmosphere that only slightly lightened from the bundles of people that were scramming together to get into the highly anticipated event.

High-functioning Ministry workers along with the most influential and wealthy wizards and witches were invited for a banquet. However, this was the only banquet a year where the children were allowed to come as well, and when that was permitted, they would come in overabundance.

The Ollivanders were known guests at these banquets whenever they felt like joining, which wasn't often. While Ministry events were usually for finding sponsors to help fund the next project the Ministry had in mind, they never sought such things from the Ollivanders, despite their wealth. There were few witches and wizards living in the United Kingdom who did not want their wands to be selected by an Ollivander. By showing a good working relationship between the Ministry and the Ollivanders to the beneficiaries, chances would be higher that they would donate.

Victoria was mesmerised by her golden reflection staring back at her. The enormous golden statue of a wizard of great class was towering over her and she reached out to it, though got nowhere near close as it was placed on a two and a half metre tall stool.

Garrick took her by the hand and guided her into a lift. He was excited for tonight, as he always was when Victoria was allowed to come. The Ollivanders only had had baby boys for centuries and all of those babies had grown into men who had taken over the store at some point. Victoria was his pride and joy, the first babygirl to be born, his little bundle of hope. The proud smile that was stuck on his face was unmistakingly present and he lightly squeezed in her hand as the doors closed, knowing that Victoria wasn't fond of the rough lifts—as was no one.

Not a single word was uttered within the lift and yet, Victoria felt the need to put her fingers in her ears. She glanced around the lift, and every person that met her gaze with a smile had unknowingly told her more than they could have ever known. The short locking of eyes gave Victoria the sense of a vision of their thoughts and memories entering her mind.