𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝐼𝐼𝐼

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗𝐈𝐒' 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 Anvard Castle as they awaited for the others to begin their journey. She was moving around restlessly, pacing back and forth in an attempt to keep herself busy. One of the worst things about their quest was the long wait. She wasn't patient like the others. She'd usually be the one to scout the terrain so she could at least go explore her curiosity.

She had always had an admiration for Kiano's patience. It was remarkable to her how long he could remain in the shadows of other's lives, feeding himself on the information they spilled to one another without having any regard for him. She was used to keeping an eye on him and made sure she knew where he was at all times. He may not have looked it, but Kiano could move from place to place without a single sound. Even though he had such a strong voice, opinion and presence, he could just as easily fade into the world of darkness where the shadows of the living resided.

After running a frustrated hand through her hair, Alexis let out a long sigh of boredom. Her hands attracted each other, her right index finger and thumb reaching out to the plain, silver ring on her left middle finger. The skin on her middle finger was lightly scratched and raw from her ring being pulled to the second knuckle and back down to the knuckle that attached the finger to the hand.

She'd stopped herself from the habit several times, but found herself lost in thought again and again. Back to the night she was bedazzled with hundreds of moonstones, carefully stitched onto her gown to resemble a Narnian night sky. Her head couldn't stop thinking about every detail she never wanted to forget about that night.

Such as Peter's warm hands on her back, her arms swung around his neck to hold him close. How she could feel his breath just below her throat or her heart hammering in her chest. How her eyes were at the same level as his lips when she looked straight ahead or the way she could feel his lips smiling against her forehead. They'd spoken so little, but that hadn't mattered to her. The music filled the void of their non-existing banter and while she enjoyed talking to him, dancing with him in the silence of their words spoke volumes to her. She might've been the most tensed up she'd ever been, but it excited her. The rush that soared through her veins that night was overwhelming.

She wanted to feel that way again. She had to see him and show him that he could trust her. She didn't understand what had happened between the previous night and today, but it turned everything around in the worst way.

As she got pulled into the Portkey by Victoria, she'd caught a glimpse of his eyes. The stark-blue of a cloudless sky was tarnished by the guilt he was feeling and the sadness that she saw in him, she took with her when they vanished.

She hated that they felt the need to hide from them and deep in her heart, she knew the others regretted what happened on that square too. Except for Aiden. She wasn't sure if he'd feel any remorse for the accusations he'd thrown towards them, but by the way Chrys couldn't stop talking to Victoria—who'd asked the three of them to not distract her so she could focus on crafting the new wands—it wasn't hard to guess that she felt bad about it.