𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝐼𝑉

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   ❛𝐓𝐑𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐔𝐏 everyone!' Peter shouted behind him to the group that was following at a pace that was a little too slow for his liking.

Raiden was proudly leading the group through the passages of the towering mountains. Sometimes they were wide and spacious, other times they had to climb over boulders and then there were the passages that were so cramped, most felt uncomfortable by simply looking at it.

He moved around the scenery with such ease that he had to stop and wait every few minutes for the group to catch up. He knew every possible route through the mountains that led from Archenland to Telmar. With his guidance, he was sure they'd be able to reach the Western Wild in three days or so with the proper amount of resting time.

Though, he had to remind himself often that the ones he was guiding weren't used to climbing through rocky passages through the mountain ranges. They tired quicker than him and needed more time to get through certain passageways that felt like second nature to him.

He could see the forest on the furthest border of Telmar and cast a glance skyward. Going to Telmar when the sun was setting was as simple as following the flare of the dying sun. Nestled at the western edge of the World of Narnia, Telmarines were eager voyagers as were their forefathers of many centuries ago.

It's where Caspian had gotten his own passion for voyaging. As a former prince of the land, he'd grown up partly in a castle and partly on a ship. He adored being out on the ocean, travelling over the great oceans of Narnia with his father by his side. He'd choose it every day over being stuck in the castle with his other family members.

It didn't surprise anyone when he'd gathered a crew for the Dawn Treader and sailed around the world again and again, to the furthest outskirts of the world they could find. Together with Edmund, Lucy and Eustace, he'd even sailed to the edge of the world.

Now, however, he was holding tight onto Lucy's hand and helped her across particularly tricky terrain. 'It's slippery, watch your step,' he warned her in his usual kind voice, being careful himself with the steps he took. The boots he was wearing had little to no grip left and so his feet tended to slip away from him, but he managed to get across the slippery slope with almost no difficulty at all.

He looked ahead of him, seeing Raiden several feet in front of him as he waited for the others to catch up again. Eustace was next to follow, resembling a scout's leader with the way he was dressed and walked around the terrain. He'd insisted on new boots and khaki-coloured shorts and shirt. Along with the tent he carried on his back, which he held in place with one hand on either strap of the bag.

Peter fell in step behind him, damp sweat trickling down his forehead. He used all of his energy to keep up with Raiden and Eustace and not appear fatigued. Eustace might never have been a star in running, hiking and scouting was something he enjoyed doing. A part of Peter disliked that Eustace was much faster than him in moving along the mountains' passage.