𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝑋𝐼𝐼

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 around the wall, though quickly retracted again when he saw people walk by. He glanced at the group of fourteen people behind him and slowly exhaled. 'Does everyone remember the plan?' he asked quietly and was met with a few nods. 'Alright, let's get moving.'

The faint smell of supper still floated through the corridors of the castle as the students were retreating to their Houses for the evening. Shoesoles clacked over the stone floor, though it was almost impossible to hear over the chatting students. The wind that some groups of students brought along seemed to almost blow out the candles that were magically lit, its light crawling back and forth over the floor in an attempt to enlighten the corridor.

It wouldn't take much longer for the corridors to be emptied of the students and except for an occasional professor and the ghosts of Hogwarts, there was no one roaming around the corridors. It was the perfect time according to Aiden.

The plan was simple; once all the students had retreated to their Houses, they'd sneak through the corridor in the formation of a snake. They had to stay together as closely as possible and use the shadows to their advantage since there were many. Several people had their wands ready for when a professor would cross their path.

Aiden had decided that it was best if none of them would be spotted, especially since almost everyone had been dressed in Archenlander robes and garments. They stood out like sore thumbs and changing clothes was not included in the plan.

Caspian and Peter's leadership together with Erin's hunting instinct formed a strong force to move their group through the castle and they were at the very head of the snake. At first, Aiden didn't like to give the lead to the two of them, however, he quickly realised that he had to utilise everyone's strengths and Aiden's strength was not to lead, but to make sure everyone stuck to the plan. Caspian and Peter's strength lay in leadership as the two had led several armies to victory. They'd taught everyone multiple signs so they could communicate with the rest of the group without speaking and Erin would alert them there were people near with a fist in the air.

Aiden found it remarkable how well her instincts and ears were developed. When Aiden was explaining his plan and solutions to every problem he and the others could think of, Erin had suddenly told them time and time again that they had to be quiet until the students or professors had passed their hiding spot.

She stopped the group whenever she heard footsteps, even in the far distance. She didn't understand why everyone was so impressed by the skill, since the footsteps were quite loud to her compared to the ones of the animals she'd hunt. Though, she was happy to have a role in their plan, to have a purpose and to help while they were here.

Aiden's eyes fell on Chrys, who was behind the two leaders and the huntress together with Kiano and Alexis. Chrys was the one to give most of the directions, since Alexis was in charge of wand duty and Kiano seemed lost in his thoughts. It was odd for Raiden to not be the guide, but he'd also gladly given that honour to the three of them. Kiano had started to act up during Aiden's explanation, because he hadn't been given any role. It was Raiden who stepped in and suggested that he was one of the people in charge of giving directions.