𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐇 loaves of bread and roasted fish and chicken made someone's stomach growl as soon as they walked into the hall where the banquet was being held. Several round tables led up to the only rectangular table in the room that was reserved for all of the kings and queens that would dine there tonight. Caspian, Peter and Edmund had joined Nain at the table and were excitedly speaking about their return.

Eustace's mouth already began to water when he looked at all the delicious food at the kings and queen's table. He sat with Harry and Aiden close to him, whereas Kiano had decided to sit at the other side of their round table.

Kiano hadn't said much if anything during the fitting with the other guys. He'd remained in the corner for the most part, only huffing out comments which weren't appreciated by the others. Dressed in an all-black suit, he was almost the human embodiment of a shadow. When the maids tried to neatly style his hair, he refused and instead brushed his hands through his hair a few times to get the job done.

His teeth were biting down on his lower lip, though he tried to do it as discreetly as possible. He sat uncomfortable in his chair as he listened to the stories being told in the hall.

Everyone of importance in Archenland or Telmar had joined the feast and celebrations as well. Many of them were talking about the Kings and Queens of Old, as if they were friends, but what happened between them and King Nain was enough to tell Kiano that none of these people knew them personally but liked to pretend they did.

Aiden looked through the hall at the grand doors in the hopes to see the girls finally arrive, but he only saw maids rushing in and out of the hall to prepare the final details. 'I hope Lucy arrives soon, because I'm starving. That piece of bread with the soup I had during the fitting is long gone by now,' he said as he held onto his stomach in an attempt to make it growl less loudly.

'Everyone's eager to see Queen Lucy,' Raiden said. He was standing next to a window that was closest to their table, dressed in knight's armour from head to toe. His posture wasn't as stiff as those knights with bronze armour. He lifted the visor and took off his silver helmet to allow the crisp air to fill his lungs and cool down his head.

'I'm more eager to start eating to be honest with you,' Eustace retorted quietly.

Aiden looked over to the grand doors once more before redirecting his gaze to Raiden. 'Why is everyone so eager to see Lucy?' he asked. 'They didn't seem to be jumping up and down with joy for any of those kings sitting at that table.' He pointed over to the rectangular table where the kings were now sharing a laugh and a drink.

Raiden followed Aiden's finger to the table. 'It's no secret that Queen Lucy is the people's favourite. They respect all of the kings and their sacrifices greatly, but no one has a heart as kind as Queen Lucy.' He startled when the trumpets announced Lucy's arrival at the hall and he quickly stiffened his posture to match with those dressed in bronze.