𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝐼𝑋

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗𝐈𝐒' 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐔𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍, the light that permeated through the thin fabric of the tent blinding her momentarily. The blur over her vision cleared up again and the eldest Pevensie's face came into focus. 'Peter,' she breathed.

Peter's eyes shot to her when he finally heard her voice. He got off the pillow he'd been sitting on for three days and crouched on his knees next to her. His hands cupped her face and his thumb slowly stroked over her slightly red cheek. 'Alexis, you're awake,' he said and smiled through the tears that stung in his eyes. 'I thought you'd never wake up again.'

'What do you mean?' Alexis questioned as she sat up and grunted because her muscles were sore from laying on the ground for days.

Peter lifted one of his hands to stroke away the plucks of hair that were bothering her eyes. 'You've been out for three days,' he explained to her.

'Three days?!' she screeched, feeling a sense of panic take over her. 'I haven't woken up at all in the meantime?'

'I've been sitting here for three days straight. I haven't noticed you wake up once,' he said and scratched the back of his head as he recollected the past three days.

Alexis sat up a little more and straightened her shoulders, despite the aching of her muscles. She knew that the only way to get rid of the soreness was by moving. 'You sat here this whole time?'

Peter could only nod and repeatedly blinked so his tears would stop clouding his vision of her. His cheeks coloured lightly in embarrassment, he shifted his weight and stopped staring into her eyes.

'That's really sweet of you,' Alexis finally said. She needed something to break the silence so she wouldn't be able to hear her heart anymore. She still hated and loved the way Peter made her feel. She felt alive, but also vulnerable and fragile, so easily broken and yet so strong and determined.

She hadn't even noticed yet how close their faces truly were, until their noses brushed against each other. The urge to lean in further was too great for her to ignore and she let herself do so. Peter stiffened into a statue when Alexis pressed her lips onto his. He snapped out of his rosy-coloured dream from Alexis pulling him closer to her by his collar. He wrapped his arms around her waist and tightened his grip on her until their chests touched too.

Alexis had to suppress her smile as she kissed him, but her happiness couldn't end at that moment. She'd wondered for a long time how it would feel to take things to the next level with Peter as he made her curiosity pique like nothing had ever done before.

Despite Peter's at times arrogant and often brave demeanour, he couldn't find the courage to kiss her. He'd lived in Narnia and had thought about a good suitor that would benefit Narnia for so long, that he'd taken that mentality back to England with him. He'd met girls that made him think they would be beneficial to his family. A girl with hair like red roses that had Alexis' courage though was nowhere near her fighting spirit and connections to help him grow into a good businessman, and a girl with hair as black as the most poisonous scorpion and a personality to match that, who came from a wealthy family.