𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝑋𝑋𝐼𝐼

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃-𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 resided within the Western Wild had no room within the war that was taking place on its grounds. The earth was cracked, exploded even as the spells went off with the speed of ticking timebombs. The earliest rays of a bloodied sun spilled over the dead bodies piled up on the battlefield, illuminating the curtains of dust that flared up after every spell that split the ground open.

Chrys was heaving with exhaustion, the bottom of her dress stained from the dirt. There were too many enemies, too many people aiming for her, too many targets to have. Her magic tore off a piece from the mountain, the enormous boulder in turn swinging to a pair of dark wizards who were too focused on Kiano to even notice her.

She hissed as a sharp pain shot through her arm, causing her fingertips to tingle until she couldn't feel them anymore. Another spell pierced through her chest and forcefully pushed the air out of her lungs. She gasped, the aching of her empty lungs stinging in her chest as she tried to find who was attacking her.

She stumbled on her knees and cursed underneath her breath. A red light flashed before her eyes, but she was still quick enough on her feet to shield herself and block the curse. The stunning charm that had hit her, had made a lasting impact on her as she couldn't shake off the excruciating pain in her chest. The same pain she knew Aiden must've felt too.

A blast of blue was hurtling her way, but she was paralysed on her spot. She let out a breath, one of defeat, and spread her arms out wide to accept, to give into the breaking of her heart and the fatigue of her body.

"You're going to regret it later," the wind whispered in her ear.

Her eyes snapped open, but Aiden wasn't there. And she decided, neither was her final fate. She hauled up her right hand with her left, her wand tightly clutched between the two of them. 'Protego Diabolica,' she spoke with a quivering voice. A billowing roar released from her wand into a burning fire that swallowed the Reductor charm cast against her whole. An eagle of black flames spread its wings towards the dark wizards and witches squished together against the mountain side. The fire kept changing into different shapes. The eagle took two lives, the serpent a mere one, and the dragon an impressive six.

Chrys' hands were shaking once the fire burnt down and she fell through her knees, but she was far from done. She gathered enough strength to get back onto her feet when she saw Charlotte being cornered by a group of dark witches and wizards.

While Charlotte was offensive during duels, she didn't even get the chance with the unfair proportions. She'd cast a lasting shield charm around her which was barely able to keep the curses from hitting her any longer. She remained level-headed despite the situation, continuously finding the breath to renew the spell that had kept her safe as she tried to find a way out of the situation. Desperation had almost completely caught up with her until she locked eyes with Chrys.