𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝑉𝐼

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐊 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 over the Telmarine forest as the creatures of the night crept out of their hiding spots behind the bushes and trees. The morning sunlight vanished as the dusk cast a dooming shadow over them. The brightness of the stark-blue sky got tainted to a foul grey that brought along the smell of death.

Vicious wolves bared their teeth and slowly approached the vast spheres hanging from the trees. Their alpha was much taller than them and was the only wolf to not bare its teeth. However, there was something about the canine that made Peter's blood still. It felt as though he'd stared into those dangerously yellow eyes before many, many years ago.

Florence crawled to the back of the trap as much as she could, feeling the metal squares being pushed into her clothes and skin. The petrifying fear that numbed her body was too much to bear, her breathing speeding up without her consent.

The other creatures resembled three old women in a way. Their fingers were much longer than those of actual humans and their skin was flushed to such a degree, it almost seemed burned. Beneath their protruding noses, their upper lips were shaped like bird beaks.

One of them broke free from their triangle and cackled at the sight of who were in the spheres. 'Narnian royalty,' she spoke. Her voice was painfully shrill and hurt when one would listen to it. 'I suppose it's courtesy to bow.'

'I would never want you hags to bow for us,' Peter spat back in rage.

Charlotte pinched in her wand, unsure whether pointing it towards the hags and wolves was a good idea. In theory it might've been, but she'd learnt that her plans never went as she'd hoped. 'What do you want?' she demanded to know.

The hag lifted her finger to the metal sphere and with her wickedly long nail, she scratched the surface. The awful screeching left goosebumps on Charlotte's neck, the agonising sound making her uncomfortable in her own skin.

'Do not hate the messenger for simply executing their duty,' the hag cackled.

Charlotte kicked through one of the holes in the sphere and hit the hag's wrist, which snapped by the force of her kick. She revealed her wand and didn't hesitate this time to point it towards the hag. 'What do you want?' she asked again, creating small pauses after every word she spoke.

'Don't agitate them, Charlotte,' Aiden intervened from his sphere. He held onto the metal ropes as if he was back in the prison of Anvard, his hands clasped around the jail bars. 'Remain level-headed,' he reminded her.

'Says the one that flipped out before and agitated the others,' Edmund scoffed under his breath, though it was too soft for Aiden to hear.

Harry and Hermione whipped out their wands too, knowing fully well that they were powerless even with their wands. They didn't work here in Narnia. Whatever Earth had that provided them with the ability to conjure magic, Narnia was lacking it. Though it was undeniable that there was a sense of magic floating with the wind, sailing over the waves of the ocean and rooted deep within the soil.