𝟓 | 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

*

///

The fire crackles at the very front gates of the Palace, the air grew colder to the touch. Yet my heart rate was picking up, slowly enveloping me with the intensity of my blood warmth. The night grew quiet, my eyes trained the guards. Thinking back on the plan I was meant to take out soldiers that were at Hak and Yona's end, whilst Min-Soo distracted most of them away from the exit.

Yet this was a risky move to make, and I grew nervous. Even though I was strong, both Hak and I couldn't continue fighting this battle due to an overwhelmed state of mind.

Questions, answers.....I need answers!

"Six guards at the rear gate, probably troops waiting an ambush too," Hak analyses the area, when I turn to see Min-Soo placing on one of the cloaks the Princess wore. My eyes slightly widen realising we're still going through with this plan, but further she understood the consequences to this hasty plan for survival.

She was our main priority, our hope.

"They'll think I'm the Princess, and General Yumi make sure they escape without a scratch," he instructs, while I slowly nod conflicted with my own thoughts on who dies or what not. "When you get an opening, take it."

"Yumi....Min-Soo," Hak breathes out, when I place a hand on Hak's shoulder.

"If I don't come straight away, continue running and don't look back," I say sternly, with a quiet tone.

Hak leans down leaning his forehead against mine, both closing our eyes I took a deep breathe before feeling a tug on my cloak. Pulling away I look down to stare down into the most purest violet pair of eyes, swimming with tears.

I bend down wiping her teary eyes seeing that her eyes were still distant, "I will make it out, don't worry," i whisper, cupping her cheeks I rest my forehead against hers as well.

Hak and I grew up knowing if anything came this serious, always having that moment together to acknowledge each ones skills. We might not be as strong, but my heart is strong and held proud.

Min-Soo nods to me before he makes a run for it gathering all the soldier's attention except for two that stood at the gates, as I swiftly disappear before attacking the two. I saw Hak pull Yona up to her feet, with her still following with a hollow mind. The soldiers charges towards the two, as I appear right behind them killing them within a heartbeat.

Hak nods before they pulled the heavy gates open, making their way out. The fire crackles while the sweet scent of the rain still lingers around, before I saw Min-Soo. My eyes widen in horror, seeing many arrows embedded into the back through the rich silk. Blood slowly soaking into the material, as he his body collapses.

"Min-Soo.......I'm sorry," I whisper, my tone wavers.

"They're escaping, they're over here!!!!" Someone points, while I saw a few about to head out. I jump out of the shadows striking them down, knowing I have gathered their attention. I could feel the air grow more heavy weighing on me, the sword weighed in my grasp than before.

I swing my blade taking action, stalling them while trying to allow Hak to escape with the Princess as far away from here. Please Hak, save Yona. I bend back from a blade attack, before jabbing the blade stabbing a soldier in the throat. Blood gushes from the wound, while I take out another behind me sharply turning on my heel striking them down. I glance up only to see Soo-Won and Kye-Sook watching, while many soldiers surrounded me.

My eyes dart around taking in my surroundings finding a way to survive, not realising my hand was shaking violently. I swallow thickly, my ears on alert but my heart pounded. My stomach churns staring into the very eyes of men whom I trained myself, the very men I thought I could place my loyalty with. Now I don't know where I stood, whom to believe. So much happened in a few minutes, like a crashing wave tumbling over you until you can't take anymore.