𝟓𝟎 | 𝐘𝐨𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

*

My eyes rest upon the now busy commotion, noticing more people gathering within the village. The sound of music plays, and laughter fills the village. These people seemed more lively and more flourished, than the other village we were in the other day. Despite having the same problems, these people have something that made it more richly and easier to abide and live comfortably.

People gathered firewood placing it in the centre, while noticing Jae-Ha being surrounded by women, which wasn't surprising at all. I was getting rather anxious with so many people, especially when it was somewhere new. 

A small tug made me shift my gaze behind me, only to see Shin-ah timidly towering over me. "Hmm....everything alright, Shin-ah?" I hum softly, as he shook his head quietly while closing his parted lips. All he did was hold my hand, while seeing his head frantically glance around a little more nervously.

Assuming he was confused and a little overwhelmed like me, I interlace my fingers through his with comfort, giving his hand a gentle squeeze of assurance. 

"People have gathered," Yona comments, seeing she was nervous as me. "Should an outsider like myself dance for them?"

I place my free hand upon her shoulder, "You've got me performing too, and besides apparently the girls sad this is a festival," I assure her. "I feel the same way too, and besides all we need to do is bring excitement into the village, than blood to be shed."

She hums with agreement, but furrowed her eyebrows with curiosity.

Tilting her head towards the fire being lit, "What kind of festival is the fire festival?"

Sharing a glance towards Yun he nods, "Long ago, in the Era of King Joo-Nam, this village became a battle site in Kouka and the Kai Empires war........" he explains, while Hak and the Princess stood by as Shin-ah remains quiet. His hand fitted warmly in mine, feeling my chest swell in response.

Yun lifts his eyes, ".....The flames of war engulfed the village...and many homes were burnt and people died...." Yun sadly spoke, realising how much war can cause suffering to others. "....The old man says this is a small village now, but it was once bigger long ago......."

My eyes focus upon the wild flames that were slowly burning away at the dried wood, the crackling filling the air.

"I see........must be hard," I murmur softly, feeling Shin-ah's chest press up against my back with comfort. 

"Hmm......The meaning the behind this festival is to soothe the spirits of those who died, the flames of war....and....." my eyes lift up to see a distant look, behind the young boys eyes. "....the rage of the fire tribe."

"The fire tribe?"

"Yes....the fire tribe plundered this land, the people are afraid of a battle happening again," He explains further, making me question about the dance I was gonna perform. Maybe, I should allow my body to move with the beat instead. Dance was an art of many stories, said with no words but the expressions and the outfits we wore. 

The princess was soon stressing out, "Then.....I have to do a proper dance even more now," She grew flustered, knowing this festival is a more traditional, and meaningful gathering. 

Hak smirks, "It's okay, it look like the villagers just want a lively, noisy festival to invite good fortune," assuring her, before she turns to him and faces him rather closely. Glancing away allowing the two to have their cute moment, I notice Yun rummaging through the bag we brought along with us.

"It's a safe bet that your chick dance will make them swell with laughter," My brother teases her, only sensing she was getting rather red in embarrassment.