𝟓𝟐 | 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐲

*

Returning back to camp I saw that Yona's tent was closed, seeing the boys already getting ready to call it a night. Jae-Hae seemed to climb into the tent, seeing how cramped they all were. With Hak's larger body in the tent this time, there was definitely no room for me. Looking around I search for a spare blanket, only hearing a deep chuckle from Jae-Ha.

"Don't worry Shin-ah, I didn't touch her," He slyly assures him, even though he was provoking the poor boy. "She's all yours--"

"That's enough," Kija sharply slurs loudly, hearing a hard jab to the ribs. Soon a crash and fall soon follows, causing me to turn around to see Jae-Ha in agony. However he held a face of confidence, trying to mask the pain. Noticing that the poor white dragon was passed out, sprawled across the futons.

Zeno tugs the dragon to his bed, when I realise there were no more blankets.

Reluctantly I pull myself to the tree, "Miss, aren't you joining us?" Zeno questions, while I shook my head.

"No, there's not much room tonight....so I will just keep watch," my palm rests on the rough bark, while the yellow dragon gives me a small pout.

"Awe, come on......at least kick Jae-ha out," Zeno suggests, while the green dragon was still recovering from the hard blow Kija gave him.

"Don't......sugges arg--" Jae-Ha groans, falling flat on his face into the pillow. "Dammit."

Trying to stifle my laughter I notice Shin-ah was patting his side, opposite from where Kija laid. Even though all the men were filling the whole tent up, adding me in the mix would create a disaster. Also, I would be flattened by morning, and I wasn't as tired.

Sending them a warm of assurance, my fingertips settle on the hem of the entrance to the tent.

"I'm okay," assuring the boys, before closing the tent flaps making my way over to the tree. The crickets sing their tune of the silent night, before finding myself lost in my own thoughts while staring blankly at the base of the tree. A small headache settles in my temple, from the loud and overwhelming excitement. Guess it's been a while, since I've fully enjoyed myself like this.

It felt nice dancing to my family's traditional dance, to feel some connection with them. My body just flowed through without faltering, and easy to say, many enjoyed the upbeat melody.

Yet, what I enjoyed mostly was seeing Yona smiling.

Yona was indeed more beautiful tonight, as her fiery red hair outshined everyone, her elegant movements were so gently. The dress made herself flourish, and the story behind the dance was indeed sad but very moving to everyone.

She seeked comfort, but in her own stubborn way.

About to perch myself upon the branch above, hands rest on my hips from behind. Squeaking in surprise, my head whips up to meet Shin-ah masked face. He was rather quiet, but he hums gently. Matching his gaze, even though I couldn't see his eyes, I could tell he wanted to be with me.

"Shin-ah, you rest in the tent," I assure him, but his grip on my plush hips grew more firm with protest. Butterflies flutter in my stomach, with how comforting his embrace was.

"Let me," his voice was quiet, and deep.

I could hear Jae-ha quietly talking to the boys, chattering away still a little tipsy from the festival. Glancing back, I then face Shin-ah who seemed persistent in not leaving me alone. Without a moment of hesitation, I felt arms hoist me up to the branch.

"You wanna go up?" I ask softly, earning a soft hum in response from him. Slowly my hand rests upon the sturdy branch, before pulling myself up to gain some balance. Glancing down I give him a soft smile, nudging my fingers towards me to usher him to come up. He follows along almost making the tree shake, but luckily we picked a larger branch to rest.