𝟓𝟒 | 𝐋𝐢 𝐇𝐚𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐚

*

The door suddenly slams open, as a man coughs and wheezes before collapsing to his knees at the door. His heavy laboured breaths sent me on edge, hearing his muttering and fumbling over his words. 

"You're so loud," one of the men comments. "What is it?"

"It's.....it-it....it's a disaster," The man stutters, frantically. "Kai....Kai Empire......ALL OF THE KAI EMPIRE TROOPS HAVE BROKEN THROUGH THE BORDER! THEY'VE COME TO INVADE KOUKA!"

My beats heavily in response, while people began to murmur within the room.

"What are you saying?"

"It's information from the northern village, hil," Someone else comments. "There's no mistake."

"The powerful family from Sen Province, Li Hazara.....is leading a large army!!" The man adds, to the dreaded news. "He's advancing towards Saika!!!"

Coming just from one person, many people were finding it hard to believe such terrible outcome could happen. I mean, seriously these people may live within the alleyways, but some need to understand the truth of reality. After a matter of silence from me, I could tell Yona was concerned with her silence.

"Even the Saika citizens have realised it," Another man comments. "The rumours have been spreading."

"A little while ago, General Soo-Jin lead an army towards Kah-Sho fort,"

Goosebumps ran up my arms in response to the info we've been given, especially with Li-Hazara's name being mentioned. I wasn't afraid, but more afraid at the fact Saika would be in danger. Even though I was an outcast, my love for Kouka was still pure i my heart.

"The situation is moving into a unthinkable direction," KIja comments, lowering his voice by my side. His form towers over me, as if he was muttering near my ear to keep his voice low.

"I wonder if the surrounding rural areas will be alright," Yun hopes, while my eyebrows pinch together with concern. Tae-Jun must be still working in the fields of Katan Village, along with the Shuu and Hua villages. However, it was more that the army must be nearing nearby them.

I place a hand on Yun's shoulder, "Hopefully they will be,"

He glances up while I couldn't understand my somewhat frustration, hating the fact I'm no longer general to aid with most notable battles. My gut churns, feeling more unsettled of this unpredicting battle forged by Li Hazara.

"I've heard the Sen Province is quite strong," another man assumes, within the mix of murmuring crowd. "The strong Rokka fort fell in such a short period of time! So at this rate, isn't Saika in danger?!"

*

MEANWHILE - KATAN VILLAGE - (Third POV)

The fields were bustling with a few soldiers, as the serenity of the land was peaceful. Tae-Jun was busily tending to the crop, while he's been maintaining the health of the three villages. Katan, Shuu and Hua village. He had to divide it up with some of his willing soldiers, to tend to every villages needs.

Simultaneously he worked hard, whether he had help he still managed to push himself to prove to Yona, but also at the bottom of his heart to know he finally cares for the land his family owned.

He even thought about Yumi, how she was discouraged to see him. He felt he need to make it up to her, for both of them. Whether it would take forever or less, he would do anything to gain back his loyalty to the girls. With Hak, well he's actually still nervous around the thunder beast. Hell no, to that.

"Lord Tae-Jun!" Kil-Sung calls out, rushing towards the young Lord who was busying himself on the field. "Food preparations are done!"

Sweat aligns the young lord's temple beneath the sun's rays, "Okay, I'm still good so feed it to the villagers,"