𝟒𝟔 | 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐞

*

Sitting upon the rock, while hearing the morning birds singing their tune. Heavily sighing I was deep in thought, knowing that staying here wasn't gonna help this village anymore than we've tried. With how the land wasn't rich with fertile soil, we needed to go ahead and find some way to make this land flourish again. 

Yun and I have been mostly discussing about the problem, as he agreed with our final conclusion to go out and find fertile soil and ways to bring this land prosperity.

Even lately we've heard a lot less about Government officials oppressing the people, which means that Tae-Jun's example, and the others were making it stay that way. Keeping them in line even. Not much can happen over night, and you can't change something unless you change something a little more differently. 

At some point Yun even said to us that just him alone, wanted to leave the fire tribe lands for a while. Refusing for him to go alone, we urged him to bring us with him. 

Rocking the little infant in my arms Yona was kneeling beside Ji-Eun, helping the young woman brush her hair gently. After last night's events giving birth, she was rather weak and was a little struggling to replenish herself. I couldn't blame her, and little Ji-Ho was such a cute little thing. Caressing his warm cheek gently, my eyes rest upon his big eyes that were filled with wonder. His tiny hands reaching up, he claps them.

"Hey.......hey," I coo, with a warm chuckle. "You're cute.....aren't you...yes....yes..."

Nuzzling my nose towards the cute face, small coos leave the child's lips.

"Thanks girls, you've been a big help," Ji-Eun croaks out, clearing her throat. Yona hums softly, with a warm reassuring smile.

She brushes through her locks, "It's no problem for us,"

My index finger was soon taken in the tiny little hand, feeling the tiny squeeze making my heart flutter. "You deserve the rest Ji-Eun, besides.....I love children," I assure her, while playfully wiggling my index finger.

The woman smiles contently, "You would make a wonderful mother, I can tell,"

My cheeks burn as my eyes snap up, "H-How so?"

Her soft brown eyes lock with my own, "You have a motherly touch, but with firmness," She explains. "You know when to make rash decisions, and you have patience.......you just have that about you."

My eyes lower trying to recall the past with my mother, remembering how she would look after me. I missed every moment with her, and with every memory broke my heart even more. My heart would feel like it's been clenched by someone's own hand, to the point I would suffocate. Shaking my head out of my thoughts, my eyes meets her once more.

"Thank you, I'll remember that,"

*

**Next morning - Katan Village**

It was early this morning I felt uneasy, and with my sleep deprivation my body wouldn't allow myself to even rest an eye. The sun was already rising behind the mountains, expanding across the horizon. Collecting a few supplies, I made my way to my usual routine to check on Auntie Mi-Rae. The elderly woman.

Quietly walking down the pathway towards the end, where her hut was I soon knock gently.

A soft call was made before I slide the door open, seeing her slightly wake lying on her back gazing up to the ceiling. Soon her head slightly tilted my way, seeing a gentle look.

"Morning, Auntie Mi-Rae," I whisper softly, closing the door behind me.

She soon coughs harshly before uttering a word, hearing her throat cracking in response. The boiled water in hand, with some tea coaxes my hands, before I knelt down beside her. The wrinkles creased on her forehead, while trying to speak. The closer I was the more I saw how distant her grey eyes were, clouded with her overbearing illness.