𝟐𝟖 | 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭

**********************

After telling Hak everything having some time to myself, pondering and looked back on my actions. Thinking about how selfish I was telling him what had happened, I still felt sick to the core. His scars were proof of my battle back then, but today.....marks the day I take him down for good so he won't hurt anyone that I care about.

Nor the Princess either, she doesn't deserve to experience such horrors of adultery.

Lifting my head up I notice Captain Gi-gan standing at the top of the ramp, where Yona was bidding her goodbyes. That's when the captain's stoic eyes meet mine, before softening. The moon graced her presence, pipe still in hand as always.

"Thanks agai--" Yona began when she almost ran into me, not noticing my presence. Her eyes widen in alarm, "Yumi.......I thought you would be with......Shin-ah and Kija....?"

Shaking my head I smile, "Just taking a walk," I assure her.

She smiles, "Okay,"

With that she leaves me alone again but when my gaze meets back to the Captain, she gestures me to follow her up to the deck. She seems a little serious with her gesture, following along my feet pick up before reaching the top. The boat sways a little with the gentle waves rolling into the cove, the water crashing just quietly against shore.

"Is everything okay, Captain?" I question, when she stood out leaning against the railing.

The moon in view, with light shining down.

Walking over to her I rest against the railing, as she inhales her pipe before exhaling away from me. She tilts her head up with a small smile gracing her lips, "It's beautiful tonight," She comments, breaking the lingering silence.

Humming in response I gaze up with her, a puff of smoke barely visible drifts off the deck.

"It is,"

Just standing with her I never felt intimidated, nor have I felt uncomfortable. I was very unfamiliar with having a mother figure, losing my own years ago. Instead I grew to become that figure to Tae-Yeon, and even Yona. Taking on the role of what a parent, older sister, friend, bodyguard would do.

"You've been protecting that girl, haven't ya?"

Lowering my gaze I nod quietly.

"Yeah,"

"Tell me.......why do you serve her?" She questions. "What is she to you?"

Pursing my lips tightly, in deep thought a smile curves upwards.

"She's like a little sister," I reply softly. "My priority...."

"She said she sees you like an older sister, a mother in fact," She informs me, as my eyes widen. "She's a frail girl, but an attitude with such a determining fire within her. I see so much potential in 'er, I can tell she has been raised well by ya."

"Huh? What do you mean?" I raise an eyebrow, turning my head in her direction with another puff of smoke escape into thin air.

"Every top role of any figure will rub on a younger one, and I see some strong attributes on her from ya," She grins.

"I see....."

Closing my eyes i took a deep breath in, feeling this fuzzy feeling deep in my chest. Feeling the Captain's gaze upon me, a chuckle escapes the old woman's lips.

"Listen Girlie, you're one of the strongest women I have seen so far," She began. "I mean ya did indeed took me surprise, and you impressed me. My dumbasses were even impressed, and I entrust that young girlie in your hands. You've done an amazing job."