𝟓𝟕 | 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

*

"The army....isn't coming here,"

"What?!" Kija exclaims, with confusion.

I place a firm hand upon Shin-ah's shoulder, "Are you sure?"

He doesn't move or anything but focus on the distance, beyond what we can't see trying to make sure he was incorrect. Yet, that wasn't the case.

"The fire tribe army and Sen Province army are.......heading south west," Shin-ah observes carefully, while my breath hitches in my throat. No, why are they going in that direction instead of the front of the Saika gates? Something really isn't adding up, and it's leaving a foul taste in my mouth.

My eyebrows narrow before turning to everyone, as my hair flicks to the side.

"Regroup now!"

*

Most of us held minor injuries after we regrouped, seeing everyone with slight scratches or dirt smudged on them. The throbbing pain nags me, as my fingertips brushed over the still bloody scar. Thankfully it wasn't as deep, so it won't leave a scar like most I have. Yet, here I am sitting perched on a boulder tucked away in the forest, with Yun tending to my wound straight away.

"Dammit Yumi, you're lucky this won't leave a scar," He hisses, like a mother to a child would say. His crystal blue eyes were almost swimming with frustrated tears, while a grim expression darkens his exterior. "Seriously, this whole entire thing was a bust......."

Breathing heavily through his nose, he definitely was still against it all.

"Yun, calm down," I softly place a hand on his, that rested against my shoulder. Sharing him a tender smile, his face instantly grows flustered for a moment. "Stop being so worried, I've had worse than this, and her highness wasn't in harm's way so--"

"Don't...." he vehemently stops me, more seriously than before as his own voice cracks.

My eyes slightly widen, seeing his eyes darken for a moment before his lips quiver together. As if he was trying prevent himself from breaking, all I could do was just sit and listen with comfort.

"Yun?"

He shook his head, resuming back to my wound, "I-If you get h-hurt, who's......who's gonna help me tolerate with all of.....this," he mutters under his breath, while my face softens understanding where he was coming from. "You're.......like....."

He couldn't manage to finish his sentence, with a short sniffle and exhale, I pat his strawberry blonde hair softly while leaning closer for comfort.

A soft warm smile curls upon my lips, "I get it, I'm sorry," I whisper softly, keeping our voices low. Hissing under the slight pressure, he cleans my wound and places some cold ointment on it.

I know an apology won't fix anything, but at least I now know his true feelings. He was not one to express it much, but now my eyes are fully open. Yun's done so much for us, and before we planned our attack, his fraternising protests made me hum with an understanding.

"It's fine......." Yun lifts his head, before meeting my softening gaze. ".....but Yumi, don't do anything reckless......'kay?"

Standing up, I ruffle his hair playfully with a small smile, "Don't worry, I'll try not to,"

After managing to recollect ourselves from the heavy amount of battling, it still left us all uneasy about the entire situation. Though I've been on countless battlefields, this one wasn't that bad. To be completely honest, they were rather weak and hesitant. It was as if they were never planning on attacking us, or even try to land an attack on Saika.