𝟑𝟒 | 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩

************

It's been a few minutes only to have no luck with my vision, colliding into trees and rocks. Trying to mentally visualise what's around me I felt my body collide into something soft, and warm. Fear ran through my body for a moment, thinking it was a giant bear when I felt hands drift to my face gently and tenderly.

"Yumi...." his voice so quiet, and mellow it made my body relax in response.

My heart leapt.

"S-Shin-ah......." I quietly utter out, shocked to see him here.

"Did you get lost?" He questions me, when I shook my head knowing he could see through the night.

"No, I just.........can't find a rabbit or something to eat," I reply, irritated I couldn't hunt in the dark forest. Soon I felt his hands drift from my face, before taking my hands into his warm ones. That tender warmth sent butterflies into my stomach, when I realise I'm still hungry.

"Let me help," he offers gently, before helping me guide through the darkness.

His hand interlaces with my free hand, squeezing it with comfort while guiding me through. After a few minutes we pause before he took my bow and arrow, and knelt down. Soon I hear something being fired, and a cry from an animal before a grunt of approval from Shin-ah.

He stands up without another word and heads over easily, while I remain standing where I am. Soon after he finally appears close to find a rabbit in hand, making me breath out in relief. "Thank you Shin-ah," I whisper softly, but I was frustrated not being able to do it myself.

"Let's head back," he quietly says, before taking my hand again while I take the bow and arrows again. He carefully held me close, guiding me through the dark forest. The leaves crunch beneath my steps, twigs snapping until I finally seeing light at the edge of the forest where we came from.

While appearing from the thick forest I saw Yona and Hak still awake, with Jae-ha watching over the two when he notices me and Shin-ah appearing from our hunt. Once I was near the fire, I knelt down taking the rabbit and began to gut the poor animal. It's blood stain's my hands, specks of the red tainting my fair skin when I was finally finished.

Clasping my hands together, I close my eyes thanking for the meal.

After a few moments of silence I then began to prepare some small slabs of meat, which was only little seen the rabbit wasn't as big. After skewering them I place them over the fire, kneeling down to watch over it.

Shin-ah sits down from behind me, while I stoke the fire some more.

"You're very good at cooking miss," I hear Zeno compliment me, realising he was right beside me too.

"Thank you Zeno........"

That's when I notice Hak's eyes were upon the boy, "Don't even think about eating that, it's her dinner.......she didn't eat anything earlier," He warns him, as Zeno smiles.

He beams brightly sitting cross legged, while gripping his feet rocking slightly back and forth.

"Zeno won't, Zeno full," He replies, happily.

Suddenly being distracted for a moment I felt something burn my finger causing me to pull back sharply, yelping I grip my finger looking for water. Not finding anything a hand from behind me takes my hand gently, before placing my finger between his lips to make the burn subside.

I blink a few times staring at him, turning around properly while he still held my hand.

"Did Yumi burn her finger?" Yona questions, noticing the blue dragon had my finger between his lips.