𝟏𝟏 | 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞

///

As the Oracle explains to Yona what's her next step shall take, I went to turn around on my heel. "Wait Yumi, may I speak with you?" I hear Ik-Soo softly spoke to me, while watching Hak turn to look at me in confusion. Giving him a look to keep walking to not worry, they leave me with the oracle alone.

"Is there something wrong, Ik-Soo?"

He shifts over to me, "You may be wondering why I didn't mention about your fate before, I would rather talk privately with you," He says tapping the spot beside him, gladly I bend down sitting down facing the waterfall. "You know you were meant to be held captured, and killed in front of the public for treason. They were going to frame you as the killer, so no one expected it was him who has."

My eyes slowly widen from this with my hands resting in my lap tightening into fists, "So..........was my life meant to be limited so short?" I question him, my breathe grew shaky.

"No.........it seems the gods have a will for you," He replies, but I refused to believe so. "You want to protect the Princess with your life, but have you ever stopped and wondered what you wanted? Have you ever decided on your fate?"

Pursing my lips tightly I lower my gaze, "No.........I've never stopped to think, because the Princess matters most for her, and the entire Kingdom's future," I reply, my slightly breaks. "Don't tell her any of this, because all I want to see right now is to see her smiling. Her needs before mine, that's all I care about now."

He hesitates to say another when, "I see where your loyalty lies, and I admire greatly for that," he smiles softly, as I stood up.

"Anyway I don't wanna talk about myself, right now I want my brother healed and Yona to be well rested if we're gonna find these dragons," I shift the matter upon Yona. "It's just my brother is hard to convince with this type of thing, but thank you........for telling us what you know of."

He smiles, "It's a pleasure," he replies, before I turn on my heel heading back to the hut to recollect my own thoughts. Partially I hated myself, not giving myself my own selfish needs. Because in truth, I don't know what I want in my life. I don't know, and I feel even more angry and frustrated with myself.

*

//LATER THAT NIGHT//

I stare into the water looking at the scar that was finally engraved into my flesh, as I could the waterfalls rushing down heavily. Slowly I stood up making my way back through the forest, only to stumble upon Yona and Hak.

"Yona.....Hak...." I whisper, turning their heads in my direction. "Shouldn't both of you be in bed, you both still need to heal a little bit."

Hak stammers for a moment and shook his head, "W-Well what about you, huh?"

Shaking my head, "I'm completely healed, it's mainly my old previous wounds that is slowly recovering," i reply, my fingertips brush over the freshly scar on my cheek down to my neck.

"That's a relief," Yona smiles, before she takes a deep breathe in. "Actually Yumi.......hak, I want to do it. I want to find the four dragon warriors."

"Yeah and do what?" he questions her, knowing he thinks they're just myths. "They might not exist, and if they do, and we find them? What if they don't want to come with us?"

She pulls away from Hak, "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it," She says.

I nod slowly, "I agree, if we stay here much longer Hak, we won't be able to leave," agreeing with the princess.

She nods, "I'll do anything to keep moving forward, I want to gain strength to survive," She tells us her personal side of her reason living on. "I want you both to teach me archery and hand-to-hand combat, and to use swords. I refuse to die without getting justice. And I can't bear the thought losing you two, I'll take any help. I'll use the gods' power. I'll choose their path."