𝟏𝟑 | 𝐇𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐫𝐲𝐮𝐮

///

Walking in the village I take in everything, amazed how well they have taken care of it. The people were all the same with white hair, with their white robes and blue sashes sewed on the rims and waist bands, and fair skin.

"And to your left, you'll see a lovely view of the White Dragon's home," The old man declares, as I must've zoned out by him showing us around. My eyes slowly trail around only to land on a cage, with.....Yun inside?

"What the hell! Why are the three of you getting treated like tourist, huh?!!!" Yun shouts aggressively, while we stood silent when Yona waves.

"Oh hey Yun, what's up?"

His eyes widen with his jaw clenching, "What's up is my blood pressure!!!" He remarks back, when the old man bows to us.

"I apologise for the way we treated him," he says, before turning to the guard that was guarding Yun. "You, get that boy out of his restraints."

"But sir..."

The old man gestures to the Princess, "We have a crimson-haired guest with us," he states, as the man's eyes widen.

"Oh my! Right away, sir!" he exclaims, bowing before doing what he was ordered to do. He releases Yun, while i walk over untying the rope checking if he was okay.

"What's going?" he questions me, rubbing his aching wrists.

"I'm not entirely sure, but the moment they saw the Princess," I began, turning to the Yona. "Everyone kind of backed off us."

"I'll say, it's like they're all obsessed with her hair, but why?" Hak adds, passing Yun's supplies that were dropped earlier.

Shifting my gaze upon the village, "At least we're not an enemy," I sigh deeply, before the old man walks up to us and bows again.

"Please forgive us for acting so rudely earlier," he pardons himself. "This village is where the White Dragon, one of the four dragons of the legend, retired once his role in the Mythical Era war was completed. We've had to fight off many power hungry adventurers whose shown up over the years looking to obtain the might of the dragon. It's our joy to protect the white dragon warrior and to ensure that his bloodline has passed on to new generations. This has understandably made us weary of most outsiders."

Suddenly I notice most of the people here circle around Yona as Hak lifts her up to protect her while Yun and I stood back, "I understand your predicament, but--" Hak began. "Is this ordinary?"

"So pretty!"

"Crimson hair!"

"Wow it's so beautiful!"

Yona's face lights up, "Hak that woman just called my hair beautiful!" Yona exclaims, satisfied with the compliments. Just seeing her being flooded with natural comments, she already knew she was beautiful.

"I heard her,"

Yun nods in agreement, "Her hair colour is pretty rare, but is that really any reason for everyone to freak out like this?" Yun questions.

"Given our history, crimson hair holds a very special meaning for the people of this village," The old man says. "The first white dragon warrior served a master who had hair that burned like fire."

"It's funny, I always wished it was a different colour," Yona admits, twirling her ruby red hair.

"You should feel honoured to have it, when we found you...you mentioned that it was an oracle who guided you to this secluded village," the old man continued, assuming Yona of someone they've been waiting for. "You could be the one, the ancient kings heir who we've been hoping would arrive for thousands of years. Then again maybe not."