𝟏𝟗 | 𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞

**********************

Digging and ploughing our way through, with Kija using his giant swollen claws, the rocks were flying to one spot while he uses his strength. I swipe with all my strength as I ordered the villagers earlier to help, but they didn't do a damn thing. My breathe grew ragged, and my knees were shaking with the intense throbbing pain in the back of my skull.

"Ngh....." I whimper, feeling my grip loosen when I saw Yona collapse beside me. "Y-Yona!"

Luckily the blue dragon caught her just in time, "Princess!" Kija exclaims.

Kneeling near her I place a gentle hand on her shoulder, "Seiryuu, may you please take her to your quarters, I assume there is more air within the passageways," I ask of him softly. "The air is......t-too.....thin for her."

Gasping for air myself I lean against the wall trying to focus on getting us out of here, blood thickly rolling down my forehead i slam my fist heavily against the earth. Soon the blue dragon lifts her up, and heads to his quarters.

Taking a huge deep breathe of determination, I pick up the axe again clenching my jaw. Raise my arms with what little strength I have left I swing so hard, multiple large stones starts rolling down and flying from the small crevices. Grunts and groans leave past my lips, sweat beading at my hair line.

I can't give up, I can't collapse now.......but my body.......

I strike the wall more down for a little longer until I saw Yona and the blue dragon return. I went to protest for her to not to do anything, but I felt my knees buckle before catching myself against the wall.

"Whoa Yumi.....please don't push your--" Yun began.'

"I'm fine, I'm okay!" i assure him, before raising my arm again I strike the stony wall. Suddenly i sense someone from the other side, the heavy strikes being ploughed outside of these walls. I roar out ignoring the intense pain in my body, striking the wall again and again before realising we are almost there.

*Clang*

*Clang*

*Clang*

"Move!" I weakly yell, before the wall wad completely crumped to the ground only to reveal Hak looking ragged and sweaty. Dust fills the room, but fresh air began to retrieve back into our lungs.

"Princess!" Hak calls, before dropping his weapon he races towards the Princess and embraced her tightly. Watching from afar I realise how scared he was for her, but not my life which I was thankful. I'm a warrior, a soldier......no one should pity me. Soon after all that we head out, finally stepping out of the catacomb like caves with fresh air.

*************

We all gathered up our things finally feeling the sun kiss my skin, gaining little energy back. Yet my body felt like it was on the verge of collapse, but in my mind we needed to keep going to get to find the next dragon.

"How did you know where to dig exactly?" Yona questions, the lightning beast.

Yun checks his medical and cooking supplies briefly, "I was able to coax it out of the villagers," He replies, my eyes harden with how cruel these villagers are. I know it was out of fear, but they went too far. "Funny, they had no intention of helping me out......till they realised their relatives could die, too."

Hak's eyes flicker across to lock with mine, walking over to me I remain quiet and still. "That's good, at least they know better than to abandon their family," Yona says.

"The villagers aren't evil, they are just acting out of fear," Yun says. "I think."

"They were, but what they did was isolating him til he would pass," I clench my jaw in anger for a moment, when my eyes glance over to the Blue Dragon. He stood taller seeing the colours, and clothes he was wearing and was more broader.