𝟓𝟎.𝟓 | 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

*

//EIGHT YEARS AGO - FUUGA\\ 

Swinging my blade ever so sharply in one direction, my body soon twist quickly til I aim just neck height against a tree. The line so visible from my previous training, that it was engraved as the height differences slowly grew taller. 

Beginning when I was only about seven, I only grew a little till now being ten years of age.

"Impressive sis, you're quite sharp and agile!" A few claps echo, making my wince slightly to see Hak standing upon the next tree beside the one I aimed. He sits upon the branch, leaning forward swinging his legs. 

A smile curls upon my lips, "Thanks, I'm trying," feeling relieved with his words of affirmation, knowing his words would make me feel more motivated. His approval mattered to me, especially grandpa Mundok's when it came to proving myself to be useful.

"Heads up!"

Stabbing my blade into the tree I caught what he threw at me, as a bright shiny red apple was in the palm of my hands. Delicious as it looks, I take a small bite not realising how hungry I was during training, taking a few more delicious bites into the crisp apple.

He hums monotonously, tilt his head lazily.

"Oh that's right, Grandpa has something to give you!" He spoke up bluntly, cocking my head to the side with curiosity. Munching on my second bite, I swallow a thickly bite satisfied with the sweet taste. 

"Is it important?"

He shrugged his shoulders momentarily, "Who knows, he just have something to give ya or somethin' or rather,"

Taking another bite of my apple I grasp the handle of my blade, and tugged it out with ease and wandered towards the village. He soon jumps down joining me, placing his arms behind his head casually.

"Maybe you're gonna get a scolding," he teased, grinning ear to ear while I grunt with disapproval.

"Don't think so negatively, if so.....you would be scolded instead," I retorted, taking another bite into the apple. He pokes his tongue out playfully, still being his idiot self. He was always so carefree, and sometimes a pain in the backside to Grandpa. Sometimes I feel bad for Hak, when he gets scolded.

Yet, I couldn't help but laugh instead.

Finally finding grandpa Mundok in his main room, he sat cross-legged looking rather composed. Wasn't I in trouble? Did I forget to do something, that he asked me to do? Hak peeks his head through, while Grandpa ushers us both in. Closing the door behind us I knelt before Grandpa, as Hak flops down before hearing the old man clear his throat.

"Thanks for coming my dear--"

"Am I in trouble? Did I forget to do something you've asked of me?" I questioned completely cutting him off, when he was taken back by the sudden questions. He soon bursted into laughter, shaking his head, while I share a confused glance Hak's way before facing Grandpa who seemed rather laid-back.

He wipes a stray, invisible tear away.

"No my dear, actually I have something........of your fathers," His voice soon calms down, before picking up an item that was wrapped in an old piece of cloth. My eyes drift down at the item, before he passes it to me delicately with both hands. "This weapon was passed down, generation to generation of your father's tribe.......and I thought it was time you should have it."

Taking it carefully I peeled the cloth away, to see a perfectly polished blade.

It was no longer than my forearm which was at least twenty centimetres, or seven inches. The metal was rather unique, with how it was delicately made. The pattern engraved around the handle, was like waves from the ocean I've only seen in books. My fingertips trail along the blunt side of the blade, to feel the name 'Moon' engraved along it.