𝟑𝟖 | 𝐒𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐲𝐮𝐮'𝐬 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫

*******************

Finally peace crosses the village once all the boys left the place, leaving it up to me and Shin-ah to guard the princess. To be honest I wished for Yona to be taken by Hak's side, I felt like I wasn't good enough to protect her. She is precious, the key to a better future, a delicate girl who's lost so much.

Running my fingers through my hair roughly, I tangle them through the loose strands.

'Pyu-Kyu'

Soon I felt soft little paws jump upon my shoulder, before feeling soft fur snuggle into the crook of my neck. Chuckling softly with a warm hum in my throat, I pat the cute little thing. While so deep in thought, enjoying Ao's company I could feel something latching around my blade on my side.

Swiftly my hand caught her delicate wrist, only gently not breaking her wrist.

"Oh come on," The princess pouts. "I just want to put in some practice, Hak would let me!!!!!"

Looking upon her smaller figure, I shook my head.

"I'm sorry but I'm not Hak, besides this blade is........" my fingers slowly drift to the weapon, as my eyes drew in every detail of the blade. "......special to me....."

She looks at me like I'm weird or something, shaking my head I clear my throat.

"Doesn't matter, I don't even know why it is......." I trail off, as a warm hand rests upon my shoulder in a comforting matter.

Turning to the seiryuu, I send him a warm reassuring smile.

Slowly sliding my blade back into the holster I adjust my clothing, when Ao jumps upon my lap. I cutely tickle her stomach, hearing her cute squeaks. After a few moments, just sitting down after an exhausting day, Shin-ah burst up from his spot leaping out of the way.

Almost yelping, I cover my mouth to prevent myself.

"Shin-ah!!!" I exclaim, in alarm only to see him tucking his sword away.

Soon my eyes lead back to see Yona looking rather frustrated, her cheeks puffing out almost her cheeks reddening.

"Please Shin-ah? Lend me your sword?" Yona pleads.

Sighing deeply while perching Ao back upon my shoulder, I turn to the young Princess. Giving her a look of annoyance, I sigh deeply.

"Yona, what did we just discuss!" I exclaim, remembering the conditions we set for her a while ago.

~"Princess....do you think......you're capable of killing someone?" I question her, hearing a gasp leave her lips. Her eyes widen with the deepest and hardest question. "You say.....you wanna fight, but attackers don't give in so easily and they don't run. You have to be ready to kill, or at the very least injure them because they won't relent nor let you live." ~

Those words still remain in my mind, knowing I meant every word.

Yona looks really embarrassed, red dusting her cheeks while averting her gaze.

"I know but........well can Shin-ah.......show me his sword techniques at least?" She asks timidly.

Glancing up to meet with Shin-ah's masked eyes, he gives me a small nod knowing he's alright with handling the sword himself. I didn't want to sound like a stick in the mud, be a scolding parent. It's just sometimes you can't get your way, even if you begged for it. Holding weapons to someone who's never had far more experience is risky even.

With that Shin-ah sheaths his sword from his scabbard, before he begins to swing his blade at a distance out of harm's way.

He grips his blade so firmly but not stiff, and begins to swing. My eyes slowly widen taking in the gracefulness of his technique, how his body moves with his blade.