𝟏𝟐 | 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝

///

"Really? I heard that a new King got crowned, but i brushed it off as a rumour," A middle age man comments. "It's true then?"

"Yes, apparently he's incredibly young and good looking and he says he wants to change things," Another says, while my finger tails digging into my palms. Change things my butt, trying to kill an innocent princess more like it.

"He is son of Prince Yu-Hon the war hero, I wonder if he is a scary brute like his father was," He adds. "Also it seems Former general Ji-Hoon has a son, that took over as the new general.....or is that old news?"

"Son? Never heard of a son,"

Sensing the tea cup clattering in someones grip I slightly turn looking down upon Yona's shaky hands, before drifting my eyes up to lock with hers. "Hey are you okay?" I ask her gently.

"Are you hurt?" Yun adds.

She nods in response as I sigh deeply, "Yo--" I began.

"Excuse me miss, would you care for another cup of tea?" The man interjects, who owned the shop.

"Oh no thank you," She replies, burying her face in her cloak. "I'm fine, excuse me please?"

She stood up and began heading out as I stood up straight, "Wait......!" I say sternly, reaching for her but she doesn't turn around.

"Come back!" Yun says, as I sigh deeply.

Turning to him, "Yun you go after her, I will pay the man," i say, as he nods.

I walk up to the old man, "Thank you, so sorry, she didn't get much sleep and is feeling a little fatigued and overwhelmed," I apologise softly, as I give him the money we owed him.

"Thank you miss," he says, as I head out only to not see the two. I look around when turning the corner, my eyes land on two fire nation soldiers. I quickly hide back behind the wall when I notice a villager was heading towards one, when both soldier and villager began talking. It seemed that they were catching up, seeing the two leave. I could sense Yun and Yona were nearby as I quietly walk down and turn the corner only to see Hak, Yun and Yona together huddled quietly.

"Thank goodness," i breathe out.

"Let's go, no point in staying," Hak says in a deep hush tone, as I nod before we began walking down to the right pathway til it grew dark. Seen I couldn't sleep most of the time, so volunteering on lookout made it easier to avoid sleep and to avoid the nightmares that haunted me.

*

//A FEW DAYS LATER//

It's been a while since we left Ik-Soo's, and we have been hiding and laying low whenever troops came around any corner or crevice nearby. Still on high alert, I always soak into my own thoughts not uttering a single word.

We all began climbing up a steep hill hearing Yun panting heavily, "Walking up hill is a lot harder, but at least we don't have to worry about being noticed all the way out here," Yun comments, while I wasn't so as worn out.

Shifting his gaze Hak looks back to me, "We have to stay alert, but the fire clan could be patrolling the area so we can't let our guard down," Hak says, humming in response I notice Yona stops in her tracks with a glum look.

"What's the matter?" I ask her softly, when she grips the sides of her hood.

"I'm helpless, I wanna fight....with a sword," She pouts, turning around with her gaze piercing into my own and then to my older brother. "Hak, you said you would teach me how to protect myself."