𝟏𝟓 | 𝐀𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧

///

I came back from the river noticing dinner was being served, as I wore Hak's cloak over me while my clothes were drying. I drape it around me, hugging myself sitting down while Yun passes me my meal. Weeds again, but that's all we could gather for now. My gaze shifts upon the white dragon, seeing him grimacing at the sight of the meal in hand.

"U-Uh.....what is this?" He questions, swallowing thickly back the saliva in his throat.

"It's what's for dinner tonight, something wrong?" Yun questions bluntly, waiting for a complaint to be bitterly spoken.

Kija's lips part a few times, trying to utter a word, "Yes there us, this is not a meal....it's just a bunch of boiled weeds you picked from the side of the trail," Kija complains, knowing this is his first night sleeping and eating outside.

"They're not just weeds, they are nutritious, edible wild plants," Yun explains the value with this meal, while I reluctantly ate without disgust. The bamboo bowl held in hand, I lean my mouth close tasting a hint of a spice Yun added which made it delicious. "If you don't shut your mouth, next time you're eating insects!"

"Insects? You don't actually eat bugs, do you?" Kija questions in disbelief, seeing the intensity of fear shaking in his eyes.

"They have a lot of nutritional value," Yun informs him, adding to what else we eat too. Which added more fear in the young white dragon's eyes, but all I could do was laugh internally with this.

I felt Kija's eyes lift up glancing to mine and then Yona's "Princess.....do you mean to tell me you two are okay with eating like this?" Kija questions, cautiously.

I sigh deeply, "I can't stomach eating bugs yet, but I've gotten use to pretty much everything else," Yona replies. "I mean after all, it's not as though I had much of a choice in the matter. But thanks to Yun's amazing cooking skills, our meals are much tastier than you think. If you had seen some of the stuff Hak made me eat...."

I notice Kija was crying all of a sudden, "What is it now Kija?" I sigh deeply, placing my bowl down looking at him.

"I feel so sorry for you, I can't believe the hardships you endured," He sobs.

"You know Kija.......with me, I'm completely used to whatever I eat, and even sometimes i don't eat at all for at least a day or two, if I just drink water which I can survive on," i simply reply, as he tears up more.

"You're suffering too!" He cries out.

"What did you say about my cooking?" I hear a familiar voice, as I turn to see Hak finally awake resting against the tree I place him against.

"Oh Hak, glad you're awake," Yona smiles, bending down to his level with a smile ignoring his comment before.

"I'm not letting that one slide," Hak notes to her.

"Are you feeling any better?" She asks him, as she stood up.

"i'm fine, don't change the subject," Hak bluntly replies. "Would you care to repeat what you said about my cooking? Also where is my cloak?"

I turn to him, "Sorry I'm using it at the moment, my clothes are drying," I apologise, when he sighs.

"It's fine, I guess......"

She walks up to him and bends down to his eye level, "Your cooking? I said it was great, so I bet your hungry," She smiles.

"I see someone has gotten better at deflecting," Hak mutters, looking at the Princess with such a deadpan look, holding offence.

"Do you think you can move?" She asks him. "Better than yet, I will go get you some food."

She heads over and grabs some of the soup and goes to feed Hak, when Kija comes in taking the soup and spoon instead in a flash. "Here I got this," He declares, seeing jealousy and protectiveness coming from him.