Chapter 1: Left For Dead

This chapter is Revenant PoV

CW : violence and torture

Five months.

Five months that damn girl throw my source code in a phase runner and condamned me to eternity.

Five months I swore to haunt her restless and merciless. Killing and ruining everything she loves and cares for.

Five months I dedicated every secondes of my cursed non-life to spy on her in order to make her feel as hopeless as I am.

But recently, she changed her defensive attitude to a more agressive one. She wasn't hiding anymore.
Things begun to be... Interesting.

She started chasing me too. And we both got into an infinite circle of prey and predator role. Some times she is after me, some times I am on her back.
She killed me three or four times during her hunt sessions.
Like it would stop me!

But today was different.

Today, she came with a new plan to finally destroy me and never hear about me anymore.

Today, she came to MY appartement with bounty hunters. I guess the legends themselves weren't mean enough to follow on her sick plan.

After a long fight and me killing two of the bounty and injuring badly one of them, they finally pined me on the floor and started tearing my limbs appart.

First my arms, so I won't fight back. Then, my legs, so I won't run away.
I could feel all the wires stretching and breaking and my fake nervous system crying in pain.
I was able to save the appearance and handle all of it more than any human would. All those centuries of injures, tortures and pains harden me enough for this.
At least, I could avoid screaming too much and giving her more satisfaction in the process.

I thought they would kill me after this.

I wish they did.

They just heal all the cut wires and oil cables so I won't die due to "bleeding out". Then, they destroyed my voice box and my optics.

"How is it demonio? Are you appreciating all my effort to put you down?"

I wasn't able to answer, neither look at her.
I could only listen to her. And one thing I can say : despite wining this fight and succeeding with her plan, she didn't sound happy at all.

"You'll stay here for ever. Not able to die or ask for help, in this abandoned and forgotten place. You see, those bounty hunters are specialized into simulacrum hunt. They also know how to neutralized a sim. I supposed you already know what's the saving battery do."

Yes, I do know what the saving battery do. It puts a badly injured, yet not dying, simulacrum into a fake coma until someone comes to help them. If the saving battery got damaged or has flaws, it can last for "only" few months. But an average battery can keep it up for twenty or even thirty years.

And she was right about this place. It is forgotten and abandoned. Except for some drug addicts, nobody will come here.

She won.

She will just leave me here, dismembered, blind and muted on the floor of my own old appartement with no one to help me or kill me. I'll just stay here for decades, just hearing this empty surrounding of mine and nothing more.

She. Won.

She was defenitly like her parents. They are mainly thieves, but they are also killers and horribly fucked up persons when they take things personal.

And I was supposed to be the monster?

"Enjoy your sweet decades not moving from that corner and rotting in place... Demonio."

I heard her and the bounties living the place with their stuffs. Maybe carrying the bodies of the two I killed with them.

And I sat there, alone in the silent.

In a last spark of hope, I tried moving what was left, my whole torso. Maybe I could try to roll over until I meet something sharp to impale myself on or the edge of the building and let myself fall.
I realised soon enough that she didn't lied about those "simulacrum hunter specialists". I now understand better what they were touching in my back. They just cut some important wires to make me fully paralyzed.
I was barely able to move my neck. But it was stiff and I needed so much energy to move it even for an inch.

She won...

...

...

...

I don't know how many time I've stayed here now. I'd say three months or four. But I can really judge, I can only guess some sunrises by the heat of the light touching my waist. I wasn't able to count rainy or cloudy days. Maybe it's been more like five months.

Why should I care now.

Knowing about time or weather won't help me escape or die.

...

Wait! Did I heard footsteps?

...

Someone is in the appartement?! I hear them!

...

Their footsteps are a bit quieter than the fews junkies that pass by in the building.

I need to get their attention! But how? It's not like I can call them.

...

They are moving around. Are they... Visiting? Exploring maybe?

What I'm talking about! I don't care why they are here! I just need them to notice me!

My neck! I need to move it the more I can. Maybe I'll move enough to make noise.

...

No! Don't leave! Just wait a second! I just need one more seconde!

*clunk*

Was that own arm I just pushed with my head?

*footsteps approaching rapidly*

Yes! Over here! And don't throw me in a dump after finding me!

...

"Hello? Are you... Alive?"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Dear reader, you'll be the protagonist of this story in the next chapter ;)

Thank for reading! Hope you enjoyed that first chapter.

Please, give me feed back so I can improve my self for next chapters.

Have a great and joyful day readers!