Chapter 17 : Everywhere

This chapter is Loba PoV

I'm nervously bitting my nails, lost in my thoughts and fears.
Soan told me than it's been six weeks since Revenant'd been lost and we could expect him to be fully repaired and tracking us by now.

The Haversters haven't found neither him or his allies. They just have few clues on where to search but ain't leading them somewhere.

My brain's hurting for all the time I've past trying to figure out if that Demonio is angry enough to come back in the games and hunt me down for revenge.
Am I in danger? Should I dissappear for a moment? Should I protect Kairi? Or the other legends? Are the games safe enough? Will the Haversters find him before he finds me?

The nail I was chewing finally broke with the pressure:

" And here's a hundred credits manicure destroyed... Just because of Him."

I should take a breath before getting in the Apex ship or Anita will ask more questions.

Once on board, I put myself together and walk with confidence to the private area where everybody's vibing and having fun, as usual.

I can't help it and give a quick glare to Revenant's room.

Empty.

Or is it?

Maybe he is hiding somewhere in the shadow. Or crawling on the ceiling. Maybe he is just behind me.

"Ready to shoot, rookie?"

I wasn' t expecting anyone to talk to me and pat my back and got startled quite strongly, which completely screwed all my confidence I've built before entering.

"Easy girl. I thought you had nothing to be scared of. Unless you have a reason to be scared that you're hiding to me."

Anita is now facing me, armed crossed on her chest and eyes piercing through me like she is trying to read my mind.

"The only reason I have to jump off like this, is due to tiredness Ani. Nothing more."

"Tired? Doesn't sound like you. I know you like to party sometimes but never you did before the games. What did make you tired like this?"

"Listen Bang. Ain't giving you details of my private life just because you don't believe me and I..."

"It's Revenant. You have something to do with him and his absence, right?"

I was about to get angry when Valkyrie joins us, grabbing me by the shoulder:

"No, it was me! I'm guilty of wasting thqt woman sleep schedule. You know... Women's and pijama party."

She winks at Anita before leading me to her room.

"Thank you Kairi."

"You owe me a pijama party now."

"Haha, you didn't needed that to come home, you know. But I'll make sure to get you a special reward when you come by."

We pass few more minutes flirting, then she gets into the real subject:

"Any news about him? You look very anxious today."

First Anita, now her... Apparently, I'm bad at faking being in a good mood.

"They told me that he can show up at any moment and they have no idea where he's hiding for now."

"You think he's already on your toes?"

I can't hold it anymore. I need to tell someone how I'm feeling. And she is the best person I could open my heart to:

"I'm scared. I'm checking every corner in hope I won't see those evil yellow optics of him. I'm getting paranoid and I'm not sure I can trust my eyes. I know how sneaky that bastard can be when he's ready to attack. He could be everywhere. And everywhere is to much to watch for and I won't be able to see the danger coming and... "

She grabs my hands:

" Wow, slow down sweetheart. You do have a lot to unpack but lete tell you one thing. He won't dare attacking you. He isn't dumb. He knows you have people to help and protect you. It would be suicidal to try any move toward you."

"Kairi, I know him. As you said, he isn't dumb. But he is damn pissed at me and won't let me go like that. He will try to harm me. It might take more time but he will do it. Somehow, he will."

"But we can protect you. He won't be able to touch any hair of yours before we put a bullet right between the eyes."

...

"But what if he kills you instead?"

"Why would he kills me?"

"Because I care for you. He knows how to hurry me in other way than damaging my body. He wants to make my life a true living hell. And killingy friends and family is part of his plan..."

She remains silent. She never tried to learn about him and couldn't guess how cruel he actually is.

" Loba, you're sure you don't want to ask the other legends for help? "

" And have them lecturing me how bad of an idea I had to make him even more angry? That I deserve a little my fate and I should have thought of the consequences before acting?"

"Well... You should have thought about it, indeed."

"I made him disabled so he couldn't chase me! Him being fixed by God knows who wasn't part of my plan!"

"True. What you gonna do now?"

"I'll go visit Jamie after the match. Gob a try to make a defense plan, in case he shows up."

"Want me to join and help?"

Now she is asking, this is a good idea to bring her up so she could have the benefit of our protection. As I did for Anita when she was sick and he was chasing me for dumping his source code.

"Yeah. I do want you to come by."

The AI voice speaks up to call for the team making before the launch.
I'm paired with Caustic and Bloodhound. Kairi is with Octane and Seer.

"We'll talk about this after I beat your ass."

I blow a provocative kiss to her and join my teammates. I've to focus on the match and forget about him. It won't help me if I see fake silhouettes hiding in the shadows every ten seconds.

I take a deep breath and jump of the ship.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hi friendly reader!

I'm sorry for that little absence, baby girl is growning and asking more and more of my time and I sooo tired with the short nights. Plus, I've started a new fanfic on Dead by Daylight (a game that I've too many hours on). Less time to write and I have to share that time on two different stories.

You can call me stupid <3

I decided to bring up a new Loba PoV so you can get a piece of her mind and the fear Revenant inspires her.

Hope this chapter was worth the wait for you and that you don't mind my absences.

Bless you and stay positive.

See you for the next chapter (or on my other story).