Chapter 19 : Incognito

This chapter is Revenant PoV

'Hey! I'm passing by the area and I thought it would be cool if I come to visit you instead of waiting for you to scare me at my flat. Can I come in?'

That little skin bag never gets enough of me to the point that she is now seeking my presence.
I'm not against her coming in but I don't want it to become a habit.

Or do I?

Since when am I this confused about what I want or how I feel when it comes to her?

'I have a present for you ;)'

"Heh... Guess I can't deny her to invade my personal space anymore."

I only reply with a simple 'Do what you want.' and it only takes two minutes before I hear a knock on the door. She wasn't just passing by and was waiting for my answer at the motel entrance.

" Come in, skinsuit. Why knock when I'm waiting for you?"

"Because I'm a polite person with manners. But that is something unfamiliar for you since you always sneak into my apartment like a creep."

"I know you like it when I'm scaring you."

She answers with a noise that wanted to be a grunt but sounded like a giggle.

While she takes off her coat, I take my time to analyze how she dressed up. When I was in her house, she kept wearing simple clothes meant for home activities or doing some mechanic work on me.
It's the first time I see her in an actual outfit and I can't disown that she has some good taste.

Her outfit isn't eccentric with weird shapes and colors like we could expect from a fashion gourou of her kind. Her style can be defined as elegant and chic, giving some boss girl vibe but ain't too sharp and visually aggressive. A simple dress, garnet red on top with tulle veils as sleeves and a long black pleated skirt on the bottom, matte pantyhose, and black velvet pumps.

She ornates her look with some thin golden pieces of jewelry, a tight ponytail, and simple makeup that includes red lipstick that matches her dress.

"If I didn't know you, I'd say that you are devouring me with your eyes. Like what you see?"

Great. She caught me red-handed.

"You should have gotten me used to this before. I assumed that you always dressed like a potato."

"Telling the one with a torn loincloth and washed-out scarf."

She hands me a large bag branded 'Foradella'.

"Remember when I talked about my job and how we can create outfits for cyborgs and simulacra? I realized that it was too dangerous for you to show up outside since you are easily recognizable. I made this for you to stay incognito while walking in the street."

She MADE it?

The bag contains four boxes of different sizes. I grab the first in the middle and discover a full suit inside. A slim black pants with a formal grey shirt that got a hood on it. All the pieces are made with high-quality silk and the shirt has some discreet silvery designs at the end of the sleeves and on the hood border.