Chapiter 18 : Tell me about you

This chapter is Reader PoV

I can't decide if I feel happy or angry but there is one sure thing:
He finds my face hilarious at the moment.

" Glad you came back Revenant but I think you forgot something essential when entering my home."

"Oh really? Wonder what it is, hehe."

"Stop coming by the window and wait for me sitting on my couch !"

He doesn't hold it anymore and goes for the loudest laugh I've ever heard, almost cracking his voice box. And I can't hold my seriousness and join him in the euphory.

It's good to see him back.

" Do you need a checkup?"

" Nah, I'm good. Just coming by to get some fresh news."

" About me or Loba?"

He doesn't reply immediately, as if he is embarrassed to say the truth:

" Both."

My lips stretch into a big smile as I join him on the couch.

"You should stop blushing girlie, you're making it weird."

"Come on, I'm just expressing my joy to see you! And you are also blushing."

"Am I?"

"It's subtle but I heard your cooling system rushing for a bit."

"..."

"There! You're blushing again."

"Shut up already and just spit the gossip, tiny skin bag."

I chuckle gently but promptly get to the point.

"From what we've heard, the Harvesters are still clueless about your location and our identity. But they are searching actively with one of their sim hunter and Loba. We don't know the identity of the hunter except for his code name, 'Soan'. During the last Apex games, we got some rumors about the other legends being mad at Loba. Theories say that they already saw how agitated they were before and they are nervous about what she might have done to you and how much angrier you'll come back."

"Uh... That's common sense. Only Loba is dumb enough to think that there would be no consequences after what she did. Glad the other legends left her alone."

"Well, She has one legend that supports her. Valkyrie. They're apparently in a relationship and hang out a lot together. Won't be a surprise if she helps Loba to find you."

"Hm. I'll have to be careful about it but ain't that much of a problem. Anything else?"

"Nothing more we could have found in one week. I will give you the updates when there are."

"Perfect."

Revenant changes his posture from a concerned and serious look to a more dominant and inquisitive attitude :

"Now, your turn."

"Uh... Ok. I'm good. Thanks for asking."