Chapter 21 : Questions

This chapter  is Revenant PoV

The girl sent me a text, asking if she can come to visit me now.  I guess they finally got Loba's friend captured and she wants to share about it.
I would have liked to question her about it as soon as she entered but I simply stayed there, looking at her in awe. Every time she comes by the motel, she has a pretty outfit that suits her nicely. But today, she made the extra effort.

She wears a dress that bends at her waist and shows a little of her cleavage and a lot on her back. It's made of a first layer of emerald silk that stops mid-thigh with a gorgeous black lace fabric on top of it that goes down to the knees and cover her arms. The lace got some silver details sewed here and there that fit with her necklace and earrings. She has simple dark pantyhose underneath and black velvety short boots with wedge heels. To cover herself from the cold weather, she brought an asymmetric black poncho that got silver embroidery below the neckline. Her hair is attached by a ponytail ornated with two braids on the sides. The makeup is as replenishing as the rest. From her smokey eyes with a pinch of green to her very dark red lipstick, everything was thought to match together.

Since I wasn't trying to hide my reactions, she turns on herself and asks:

"Do you like it? It is one of my favorites that I made."

"You must have some damn good news today, aren't you?"

"We got him. The Blue Fox is under control and my dad and his friends made sure there is nothing for Loba to track back to us."

"Finally. Since I can't go talk to him, what are your plans?"

She hands a USB key:

"You'll find every questions or information we will ask him. We might have forgotten details and that's why I'm asking you to check it and add anything that could be relevant to you."

She sits on the bed while I do a quick scan of her document. Many questions about what they had found about us and what the Harvesters gonna do once they find us. Some about Loba's habits, friends, and personal goals. Fews about the Harvesters themselves and their boss. And one to know what Loba said to convince them to hunt me.

"I can add whatever I want ?"

"Anything YOU think relevant. Means yes."

All their questions are good and I won't add any about Loba or her allies. My questions will be about the same subject I've always had.

*Where is my source code?*

*Did Loba ACTUALLY throw my source code to Gridiron?*

*If you have no idea where it is now, give all information and tools related to it and help find it.*

I don't think he will answer them or if he knows anything. He could also lie and it will be hard to tell until we find anything that proves he lied. But worth to try.

"How will your father interrogate him?"

"I think you've understood that he is against unnecessary violence. Torture is something he would do only if his own family are in a dire situation and need intels fast."

"But you are all in danger because of them."

"That's why he might consider torture. But only if anything else doesn't work or if the Harvesters find out about us. "

"And what other methods does he have?"

"My dad can be very persuasive when he wants to. Great chance that he starts with some facts to convince him. Like a friendly chit-chat kindda thing. If it's not working, he'll slowly go for more manipulative techniques, going from making him feel guilty to pure threat depending on his sensitivity. And the more that hacker will resist, the ruthless my dad will be."

I give her back the USB key and she immediately puts it in a small laptop to send the document to her dad:

"Can I know which questions you put in there?"

"I asked about my head. Since he might open up and answer  to their demands, I'm trying my chance to finally find my source code."

She closes her laptop and put it in her handbag. Didn't realize how tiny the device was to fit in the purse. She stands up and shows me the cover of a book I borrowed from her a week ago:

"Remember that book? They just made a movie adaptation that was released yesterday. It's my day off today and I'd like to watch it with you. Wanna come with me?"

Wait a minute.

"Is that why you got pretty for today?"

"Getting to the movie theatre with my favorite  grumpy patient is always a reason to be pretty."

"I'm not grumpy, I'm just tired of everything."

...

...

"But ain't tired enough to go with you. Hope the movie will be as good as the book."

She giggles:

"You're asking a lot. At least, we'll make fun of it together. We gotta go now, it should start in twenty minutes and you're not even dressed."

I promptly get ready with her outfit we call 'the incognito' and rush out of the motel in her company.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hi, my lovely reader!

As usual, I'm late. I'd like to say that I got super busy as usual (well, I was busy but I had enough time that I could have used to write) but I got stuck. I had the idea of this chapter a while ago, forgot to write it down, and forgot about it.
I was bloody stuck on this white screen with no idea what you and Revenant were supposed to do after the Blue fox chapter.

I'm not even sure how close (or how far) this chapter is from my previous idea but I do like it. I hope you liked it too.

Cinema time for you. Watching a horror movie with our boy. Sounds like a date. Isn't it? ;)

I'll try to write my idea for the next chapter NOW before I lose it too.

See you soon for a new chapter sweetie.

Take care. <3