Chapter 15: Back To Normal

This chapter is Revenant PoV

The last three days had past way faster than expected.
They worked quick and efficient on the last missing parts of my own and I'm now a fresh new simulacra, ready to kill.

They made me test every movement my carcass could do so I won't leave with a possible deficiency.

Once finished, her father and sister get back to their own housing and let the girl and I alone for the last time.

" So... What are you gonna do now?"

" Back to the Apex games. Gonna make Loba have a taste of her own medicine."

" But, what about the Harvesters? They will definitely attack you again if you show yourself at the games. Especially if you try to get closer from Loba. "

Damn it. I hate it when she is right. I was so eager to get my revenge that I completely forgot about them.

But what should I do? I can't play hide and seek with them for eternity. Neither I can take to many risks and get caught again...

Even worse, they now know my appartement and may know other spots of mine. They must be watching those areas just in case I come back.

What should I do?

" You can stay here a bit longer if you need it. Until you find a way to escape from the Harvesters, my home is yours."

" And seeing your ugly face every morning? I pass."

" Come on. I know you actually enjoy my company more than you pretend. Especially my jokes."

" Don't start again with this."

She smiles at me with a soft chuckle.

Staying here would be a good idea but she had done enough for me and I don't want to bring those creeps to her house.

" It's still a no for me. I'll come back if I need to be fix again, which won't happen, but I will not stay here."

" But you have nowhere to go, right?"

...

She lets a deep sigh blow the silence away.

" We actually discuss about your safety with my brother and built a plan... You know, just in case."

She shyly approaches me while searching in her right pocket. She gets a tiny metal cube out of it and give it to me.

" That's a tracker. So we can find you if you got in trouble again. We also put a motion sensor inside of it, so we know if you're alone or not before showing up."

She then handle a visit card and a phone.

" I don't know if you have a phone already, but this one is secured. You have our numbers in it, if you need help or just to chat a bit. Also take this card. Those are Wallace's contact informations."

The card says 'Wallace Palace Motel"... Something tells me that it's far from being a palace of any sort.

" He is a friend. He hid Sid many times when that brat messed up with the wrong persons. The motel ain't fancy, but it's enough to get comfy for some weeks or months when needed. He has some hidden rooms behind fake walls for... Special guests like you. Just call and tell that Sid sent you. "

...

" You OK Revenant? "

" When you first found me, I thought you sounded dumb and I was pretty sure that you will just bring me more problems to the storm of shit I was in. I soon realised that you weren't that stupid. But never I thought that you would actually find solutions where I just get stuck like an idiot. "

She laughs. At least, she doesn't get offended that easily.

" Well, I'm an actual idiot too. I just do some necromancy and revive dead brain cells to helps my friends and family. Happy to get you tricked with my spark of intelligence."

Hehe. Cute. She is not taking things too seriously when it comes to her.

" I should go now. Thanks for your contact at the motel. Gonna call him right away. "

I'm slowly walking to the front door, ready to leave.

" Hey Revenant. "

" Yes, little skinsuit?"

" Please, come visit me sometimes. Don't wait to be injured or in danger. OK? "

I'm giving her a thumb up while opening the door and cross her eyes one last time before getting out.

---------------------------------------------------------

After a little chit-chat, Wallace booked me a "secret room" as he calls it and gave me all the instructions to get inside incognito. But first, i need to get my stuff back.

(Y/n) won't like it, but i still want my revenge and most of my data and plans are in my laptop and other hardware storages. I need them and it's worth taking the risk of getting spotted back in my appartement.

But i ain't no fool. I will not just rush back home and stay there for ages. Gonna scout the area and take my computer swiftly to avoid getting captured again.

Then, i'll keep my ass undercover for a bit. Just few weeks, so they may relax and lower their awarness. After that, i will slowly crawl back to Loba and prepare her fate.

I also want to kick some Hammond asses before searching for my source code. I want it really bad. Even if Loba is a thorn in my side, the sindicat and Hammond are the ones that made me what i am and should pay for it. Don't they think i forgot about them.

I check the cellphone she gave me. I have five numbers registered inside:

Wallace, the motel director. A noisy skinbag but he definitely knows what he is doing.

Roy, the dad. The silent one. For all the time i've met him, he didn't talked that much but he was still invested in my cares. But mostly checking if i wasn't messing with his daughter.

Sid, the hacker brother. I should ask him how they are dealing with the gang though. He is the one in charge of their anonyma for now.

Myriam, the doc sis. She is quite distant and authoritarian but her professionalism compensates it.

And her. (Y/n)... I want to say that she is stupid but i now know that she isn't. Something i can tell for sure is that she is stubborn as hell. And caring...

...

Time to move now. Dusk is slowly letting the shadows of the night invading the streets and i won't have any better moment to sneak next to my flat.

Let's get my freshly attached limbs to the work.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hello my fellow readers ! Glad to see you again !

Revenant is finally out, thanks to you. You might feel a bit lonely now he's gone but he promised that he would visit you somedays. Right?

I'm very sorry for the clumsiness of my writing. My lack of sleep isn't helping, even talking in my native language is hard sometimes lmao.

But real question, does Revenant will get in trouble for going back to his old appartement?

Let's hope not ! Ain't doing all that work for nothing !

Anyway, happy to release that new chapter and wish you to get all the benefits you can from this sunny summery august month ! <3