Chapter 13 : Spilling The Oil

This chapter is Revenant PoV

"When you're ready, stand up and walk to me."

The girl is just a couple meter away from me but I feel like those few meters will be a pain to make.

Gladly, my right arm worked well on the first try yesterday. Today, I asked for my left leg and since they put it back, I feel something strange. A stiffness or something like it.

They attached a simple prosthesis where my right leg should be so I can have a bit of balance for the walking exercise, but it's very limited. That other leg doesn't fit my proportions and even after calibrating it, I still miss some centimeters on my right side.

Concidering that and the weird feeling in my own leg, I'm more expecting to fall than walk.

After letting an annoyed grumble resonate in the room, I stand up.
I take some secondes to adapt with my prosthesis flaws and try to make my first steps.

Y/n looked neutral until she saw me tremble on my left side. She actually react faster than I do. Maybe repeating myself that I will fall just numb my awareness.

She and her father grabbed me in time to avoid my skull hitting the floor and sit me back in the chair.

They take a look to find the reason of my fall.

The doctor has some hypothesis but she ain't sure about it.

"I think it might be the junctions that are clutch and stiff. If not, we may have to take a look in the wiring and wish we don't have to touch the spine again."

They can't imagine how pissed I am right now.

"How long will it be?"

I couldn't repress a grunt of anger before I spoke. Eh... It's not like it will change anything.

"I can't tell. If we are lucky, it's just a matter of an hour. If we are very unlucky and have to touch your spine again... Let's be optimist and say it'll be done for tommorow noon."

I'm internally wishing for you that you are very lucky doc. I don't want to wait too much and you know it.

We pass three hours exploring my leg from the toes to the hip, touching, changing and moving screws, bolts and wires here and there and making me walk to see if anything changed.

After a while, the doc comes with a final diagnosis :

"It's more complicated than we thought. I'm sorry Revenant, but we will need the whole day and maybe tommorow to make it works."

"What's the problem? Spit it!"

"As we told you before, we don't know your anatomy. Your body is quite old and your model unique, making repairing more difficult due to the unknown specifities of yours. Because of this, my team didn't plug the wires and cables in the proper slots. They tried to guess which one is related to each slot but they are not genies and don't perform miracles."

"Well, plug them right back."

"Easy to say but ain't that simple. None of us know how your legs work. It will be a 'miss and retry' job. We will do our best to make it quick but you'll have to be patient and work with us."

I just stay silent to avoid making things worse. I know for sure that having an argue right now will just make things go even slower. But I'm infuriated at the moment and cooperation will be hard.

We take four more hours plugging and unplugging, walking and falling, but in the end, we made progress.

I'm not falling anymore and I can walk... Very slowly though. I can't tell which of my leg or the prosthesis is making me limp like this.