Chapter 4: A Voice In The Abyss

This chapter will share both your and Revenant point of view.

First part: (y/n) Pov

I've installed the simulacrum on the bed in the visitor's room. Dad is gathering all of the tools we have here and make sure they are clean and ready to use.

Just before I start, I'm sending a message to Myriam and tell her what we need her to bring in complement. She will be there in less than an hour.
I also check on internet our patient name in order to have a better communication with him.
Since he is a legend in the apex games, finding the name was easy enough.

"Revenant. Well... That's a nickname. I'd rather have his real name but I'll do with that."

I grab a mask and a pair of gloves as I return to the bedroom.

"I'll start working on your throat injure as much as i can before my sister comes to help. I'm very sorry to say, but i don't have any simulacrum anesthesics here, she'll bring them with her but for now, we have to do without them. I'll do my best to avoid you too much pain, i promise."

I put on my gloves, take a pair of medical clamps, lean over him with my father aiming the light on his neck and check one last time over his face.

"OK, let's start. "

______________________________________

Almost an hour later, the doorbell rang.

I have already opened his throat wide and cleaned the whole wound from oil, dust and damaged parts. I also fixed the most important wires and I was starting to check the engine itself.

"Good evening (y/n). Sorry you had to start without me. Where is he?"

I lead her to him and she gasps as soon as she sees the poor man health state.

"You told me he was heavily damaged but I wasn't expecting that badly. Give me the anesthetic."

She doesn't need to say it twice, I'm already digging my arms in her bag searching for it.

If I was a neophyte into simulacra health-care, I would have searched for a seringe and a little flask of liquid.
But they don't have veins to inject the product in. The oil cables don't really interact with the brain parts and it wouldn't react to the product like a human nerves system anyway.
Anesthesics for sim looks like a metal box with sticky patches connected to it. You put them around the patient head, calibrate the dosage and the box will send electrical waves to the brain and shut it off.
It's painless since you don't need a big voltage to make it work and it's immediate.

My sister places the patches on his skull and takes few minutes to adjust the machinery.

Then...

~~ZAP~~

°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*

Second part: Revenant PoV

She was cleaning my voicebox when the last skinbag arrived. A new pair of hands to touch me and a new voice to get on my nerves.