Chapter 12 : Enraged wolf

This chapter is Loba PoV

I've read this message about ten times now but can't face the evidence of it yet.

This can't happen. It must be a mistake. Or maybe a joke. I won't even be mad, i'd rather have to deal with someone terrible sense of humour than accepting this as something real i will have to manage.

I'm frantically typing a phone number i thought i would never use again and try to clear my throat from my obvious anxiety during the dial tone.

...

"Who is it?"

"Loba Andrade."

"Ah... Miss Andrade. I suppose you want to talk with our leader."

"Indeed."

...*dial tone again*...

"Greetings, Loba. You got the message, didn't  you?"

"What the hell happened? How did he escaped! I thought you could deal with him and now he is back! You..."

"You should tone down, my friend. Barking on us will just give you more problems to deal with."

Right. He is right. The Demonio is back and i can't afford having the Harvesters on my back.

"Ok. I'm calming down. But tell me what happened."

"We can't tell yet. All we know is that his tracker got deactivated almost two weeks ago. We know for sure that someone help him since every part of him, even the screws and bolts on the floor, had been missing from his apartment. And who ever did that knew what they were doing because they got rid of the spy so fast that all files are corrupted and it's almost impossible to recover any data from it."

"You're telling me that not only he escaped but you cannot find him back and he has support?"

"That's what we think, yes."

"And what can we do now?"

"Our hackers are trying to work with the corrupted data. Until they find anything useful, i've one of my best SimulacrumHound investigating. I can give you his number so you can work together."

"I'll take it. Text me whenever you got some fresh news."

...

It wasn't enough for me to deal with the other legends about where is Revenant and what i did to him, or to get Hammond on my ass because i'm their main suspect in his dissapearance...

Of course it wasn't enough ! Now he is back and if the Harvesters don't put him down soon... i don't know what he will do to me and i don't want to know.

I'm texting Jamie to get him informed about everything and make up a plan to protect myself in case things go very wrong. At the same time, i recieve another message from an unknowned number.

//Salutations, Miss Andrade. I'm the SimHound our leader told you about.
Call me Soan.
You will find a document attached to this message with all the evidences i've found lately.
I'm expecting from you to get all the knowledges you have about that Hammond dog.
Tell me when and where do you want us to meet.//

There is not that much to read in the document yet. As the leader told me, there is evidences that someone picked him up and took everything in order to repair him.

He managed to get all the recording of the street cameras surrounding the district two weeks earlier, twenty-four hour before the tracker get corrupted. He took notes of all the vehicle license plate that seemed to come from the building (since there is no camera directly placed near it) but found nothing more yet.