Chapter 16 : Apologies Gift

This chapter is Reader PoV

It's been twelve days that Revenant had left and I didn't got any news yet.
I texted Wallace yesterday to know if he was actually living in his motel room and he told me yes.
I should feel relieved knowing that he is safe ; but a part of me is still anxious. I could have called him by myself ; after all, I gave him his phone and I know his number. But I don't want to bother him.

" Are you OK (y/n)? You keep biting your nails and checking your phone."

My boss is a very benevolent person and I know he would give me more vacation days if I tell him that I didn't got any rest from the previous ones. But he needs me and I can't let him down.

" I'm alright Lato, sorry if I worried you. "

" Nah, it's OK. Can I ask you to take our new customer? She is a cyborg with more robotic features than organic ones and you're the only stylist specialised in robot fashion free right now."

" Always a pleasure to work on people with unique bodies. I'll take it. "

" You're top-notch! Thanks. "

" Oh, by the way Lato, I wanted to ask you... Do you mind if I use our machines to make clothes for personal use? I'll pay for the textile and do it on my free time, promise. "

" If you say so, I see no issues with that. Go on. "

I leave the room cheerfully blowing kisses to him and reach the main hall where my client await for me.

It's a mid age lady that had exchanged more than half of her body for robotic upgrades. The human parts left are her face, her breast and stomach.
From what I see, she got pretty regular arms attached to her. They just look alike normal human arms.
But the legs are very interesting. She choose very tall and bulky legs with sharp and edgy designs.
Her legs and arms plates are white with some black details, which pops out beautifully with her dark skin.
She also got her scalp replaced by long wired hairs with colored lightning flowing all along them.

"Welcome to Foradella, where everyone can get their own style to match with their unique body. My name is (y/n) and I will design your dream outfit."

I'll worry for Revenant later, I need to focus on my job.

   ------------  ------------  ------------  ------------

Today was long but exciting. My new customer is a very elegant woman who knows what she wants. Those type of clients are hard to satisfy but succeeding to make the perfect clothing for them is such a reward.
I've multiple ideas for her demand that I'm eager to draw.

But first, I want to take a relaxing hot bath.

I open the door of my appartement, get greeted by my pets, put keys and bag away, get in the living room and almost grab the first item next to me to throw it at the silhouette sitting on the couch, who happens to be Revenant.

" Did I scare you, little skinsuit?"

I can feel his moking smile having fun of my torment. I'm so happy to see him.

" Scared? No. I almost fainted on place but ain't scared. How did you get in? I don't remember giving you my key set."

" You didn't lock the windows. "