Pathetic

I walked up to the little house surrounded by big threes. It never was big, even when I was little. The shed next to the house was bigger and that is where I usually found Fede working on his motorbike or the engine of some random car. Fede loves everything fast and he loves building things.
I walk up to the shed. My feet got all sandy from the dirty driveway. My toes always got brownish in my slippers here. My dad could always tell I had been at Fede by my dirty feet.
Music was playing from a little radio on the table that was standing in the corner of the shed. It was always a mess in here and for a neat freak like me this was just pure torture. 'Feddy?'. I called out his name but there was no response. I called for him again but he didn't answer. I looked around as I walked through the shed. A half-eaten sandwich was left on a stool. Maybe he was inside the house.
As I walked out of the shed and walked up to the house. The door flew open with a loud bang while Fede walked backwards, face toward the door. 'Fuck you, you're just a pathetic drunk, I'm not leaving because you have another wild idea!'. He yelled to his father in anger. His father came outside and already had his hand above his head ready to smack him when they both saw me standing there on the driveway. 'Jade?'. Fede said surprised by my presence as I stared back at them. I felt very uncomfortable and not really sure how to act, my speech got stuck in my throat.
His father walked back into the house and slammed the door shut without saying a word. 'Are you okay?'. Fede asked me. He stepped of the stairs. His shoes scrunching the dirt beneath them as he walked towards me and looked worried at me. Did I really look that shocked? 'Me? You almost got smacked, again!'. I could hear the anger and outrage in my voice as he quickly turned away from me so he could avoid an actual conversation about it.
He walked towards the shed and nodded quickly, brushing it off. 'I'm fine. But my dad is just losing his mind. He wants to move again'. He said annoyed. 'You're in your last year, you can't move, you'll ruin any chance you have for a good college'. He laughed sarcastically. 'You have seen my grades, right? I've been working almost every night just to pay the rent; I have no time to study. He never expected to stay here this long. He failed at surfing and got stuck here. But that's his problem. I'm not moving again'.
I nodded, agreeing to what he said and sat down on the broken couch in the middle of the shed. The red leather was cracking and there was a hole in one of the seats. Fede fell back down on the couch next to me. He rested his head on my shoulder and inhaled deeply. 'I hate that man so much' he softly whispered. I could hear the anger in his voice now. 'He's still your dad'. He shook his head. 'I'm eighteen, I pay for everything around here, I don't need him. He is just drunk all the time, that's all he does. Sleeping and stinking on the couch and when he is finally awake, he tries to hit me and throws the last of our plates at me. He can leave, I'll be glad but I'm not going anywhere'. I laid my hand on his head as I softly brushed my fingers over his temple while they found their way up to his hair. My fingers wrapped around his curls. 'If he makes you leave, I'll kill him'. I warned him. Fede laughed and looked up at me. 'Don't worry about it, I'll kill him first'. I laid my head back against his and closed my eyes. 'Do you think your dad will ever get better?'. 'Better? He just drinks to much Jade. He isn't sick'. I didn't agree. 'No, I don't see it like that Fed. I remember your dad before he started to drink. He was nothing like this, he was actually nice. He's addicted'. Fede didn't react and moved his head to my chest. 'I don't want to talk about my dad, is that okay?'. I nodded. 'Sure, you just want to drool against my tits and keep mopping'. He smiled amused. 'I'm not drooling. But you do have very soft tits. I pushed him of me and shook my head. 'Bad Fede!'. He had a naughty look on his face as he stood up and walked toward one of the cars.
I never had any clue what he was doing but it looked impressive. He tried explaining things to me sometimes. Honest to God, I never really paid attention, I just nod. If I ever had car trouble, I just call him. When I won't fail for my driver's exams.
I changed the subject fast. 'Do you have a date yet? For homecoming?'. He looked confused as he bended over the dusty red cars engine. 'When is that?'. He asked me, he didn't seem that interested in it. 'In a week'. He laughed, like something just dawned on him. 'Fuck's sake, now I know why Luna started to talk to me all of a sudden. I thought I was going crazy'. I shook my head. 'Please don't go with her! She is awful, she always looks at me like she'll kill me Feddy'. He looked at me, with that naughty look again. 'With who should I go then?'. I gave him the biggest smile I could pull off. 'You? Jade if I go with you to every party all the time I never get late. Homecoming is the biggest fuck-fest, and I want my piece. Haven't you been asked?'. I looked kind of offended. 'Yes, Caleb asked me. You think I wouldn't get asked?'. Fede looked unpleased. 'Caleb asked you?'. The tone in his voice immediately changed. He was one of Fede's friends and oh what a surprise, Fede was triggered by that, I'm so shocked. He shook his head. 'No fucking way he's going with you. I'll come with you, with pleasure, if that means that dirty motherfucker is staying the fuck away from you'. Victory. I smiled pleased and looked at Fede. 'You can't leave me and hook up with another girl. I would be really angry if you did'. He laughed innocent as I warned him. 'I would never'. 'Yes! Yes, you would and don't deny it. But I will chop your dick off if you leave me there. You know I get nervous at parties'.
He sighted and stopped working on his car. He walked towards me and bended down, kissed me on my cheek. 'I won't. I promise you'll have fun darling'. I smiled and looked at him. 'You sure? I kind of understand if you want to go with a hot girl and get laid. So, if that's what you want tell me now'. He frowned. 'Your hot too'. I giggled and felt my cheeks turn pink. 'Giggly-face'. He teased. 'You know what I mean'. I murmured, he just looked terribly amused.

He sat down next to me again and looked curious at me. 'Have you ever had sex? Surely you would rather go with a real date'. There weren't many things Fede and I didn't talk about. But as a sixteen-year-old virgin I did my very best to avoid any questions about my non-existent sexual life. Especially when Fede had sex, a lot. 'Do we really need to talk about this?' I wined. He laughed; he was messing with me. 'No, I already know you never did. You would have told me if you did'. I sat up straight and tried turning the table. 'How old were you when you lost your virginity?'. He thought about it. 'I was fifteen and it wasn't by any means good, I felt really awkward and had no clue what to do. Jade you should have sex when you feel ready, not before that, don't get pressured in to it. Well, maybe when you're in your forties it's becoming a little problematic'. I looked angry at him as he turned his encouraging advice in to a joke again. 'Maybe I'll go to homecoming with Caleb after all. Sure, he has some experience?'. Fede shook his head. 'I wouldn't hear the end of that. Listen if you're that desperate I'll sleep with you. We know we'll have fun at least'. I giggled again. 'You really would sleep with me?'. He looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. 'Probably, like I said; your hot. If you wouldn't be so boyfriend orientated, I wouldn't be against it'. 'What?'. I never heard him say this before and it kind of bothered me when he did, it made me sound desperate for a boy. 'Jady, you want a boyfriend and I don't want to be one. So, it would get complicated and awkward'. My eyes went big. 'Who said I want you as my boyfriend? Do you know the shit I've seen you do? Yesterday you picked your nose! I bet the girls never see you do that when you sleep with them'. He bursts out in laughter. 'I'm not saying you want me, idiot. But you do want a boyfriend and that is totally fine'. I looked at him and shook my head. 'No, I want to have sex before it gets pathetic to be a virgin. And I think sex with you would be easy peasy lemon squeezy'. Fede stared at me. 'I'm not really sure what you're cooking up here, but I bet this will not end well, so let's just stop'.
I was annoyed I didn't get my way. 'Since when do you think things through'. He ignored my mean tone. 'You've been my lovely sweet friend for eleven years Jade. That's more important than a sex. Just be patient, it will happen for you'. He took my hand and placed a kiss on my skin. 'Fine. Can we leave this stinky garage now?'. I stood up and pulled him up by his hands.