Forgive

It was my birthday and I was turning twenty-three today. Since you can drink legally at eighteen in Spain nothing really changed for me. But I was a good excuse to get wasted and party my butt of until late.
Tomorrow I had college and would totally regret it as I would be trying to hold back vomit and smell like alcohol through my pores. But it was my birthday so I would allow myself to be young for a change. I never really had that much time off from school and work so I did feel a little drained lately. I could use some time to just have fun and not worry about a thing. I wasn't complaining; I liked keeping busy with things. I didn't like to be lazy and do nothing. But I felt like I missed a balance. Sometimes I felt like all I did was work and none of the fun.
I wasn't sure what I would be doing on the night of my birthday. A girl I really liked hanging out with decided to plan my 'perfect' night. Her name was Lilly and she was the first person I befriended in Spain. She and her parents moved to Spain from the Netherlands after many vacations here. We met at the grocery store when I was trying to translate something that was written on the package in Spanish. She had noticed me struggling and walked up to me for help. From that moment on she was my friend. I just hoped she knew me well enough to not take me to a strip club or something; it seemed like her scene but I definitely wasn't my idea of fun. My perfect night was diner and then a few drinks while dancing. Maybe meeting a cute guy in the process.
I really needed to get laid, I had been on dry land for months now and I was going to implode. Honestly, I would fuck anything with a penis at this point just to find some release from being continuously horny. My mind was thinking about sex all the time and there was only so much I could do myself. Dad would be so proud.

I was sitting at the bus station waiting for my friends to come pick me up; they told me to wait there. I actually had my driver's licence but now I never needed it; living in a really busy city and all. So, most of the time I took the bus or a 'pick and go' scooter that you could just take and drop wherever you liked.
I felt nervous waiting for them. I hated surprises and wondered if I was under or overdressed. They could have told me the theme of the night for God's sake. When they finally showed; ten minutes late but that didn't matter since I had been late too, I wish I could die.
A pink limousine drove up the bus station ready to pick me up. It was pink; this was so not my thing. I am still too much of a town girl for this big stuff. My mind accidentally slipped to the fact that Fede would have been so amused if he saw this happening to me. Oh, how he would die from laughter seeing my face right now. He knew I would hate it. 'Happy birthday Jade!'. Two of my friends; Lilly and Senna were poking out of the limousine's roof with balloons and confetti guns. Popping the confetti and making it rain colour over my head. Screaming happy birthday to me; already drunk from whatever they had been drinking in that limousine.
I held my hands in front of my face and wished I could run away from this madness; But it was also sweet. The thought they did this for me wasn't going unnoticed on me. And probably a little for themselves, but that's okay. 'God, Jade you look stunning!'. I stood on the stone steps in front of the limousine as I gave them a silly twirl. I wore a teeny tiny cocktail dress with silver glitters all over it and also and the tallest stilettos I had laying around in my closet. I never could have imagined to wear something this skimpy when I was younger. Those things just didn't go in a small town. Here, in the big city everything was possible. I wiped of my dress and pulled some confetti out of my fake lashes.
I jumped in the limousine as all five of my friends were hugging me and jumping up and down in the car. If you though an airplane taking of made a lot of noise you hadn't heard my friends sing happy birthday to me yet. It was deafening.

I laughed hard as I got in. Crawling up to one of the empty seats with my head bent down so I wouldn't bump my head against the ceiling.
Senna handed me a glass of champagne while still serenading me with a happy birthday song.
I must admit; I felt pretty fancy. I was also happy to see that their fancy glittery outfits matched mine so wherever we were going; I wasn't overdressed. 'Jade, you're going to have so much fun tonight baby!'. Lilly yelled at me and then just screamed out of excitement. The other girls got hyped up and yelled with her; she probably was my female Fede from when he was younger. Very impulsive and wild. She just did anything without ever thinking. She just followed her intuition and I was honestly too logical for that most of the time.
After they stopped yelling and started to dance on the house music coming from the speakers I yelled; 'I would like to know what we're doing!'. I had to scream so loud to be heard over the music that was shaking the whole limousine like it was a little Smart car. 'That's a surprise, Jade! Don't be nervous about it; we promised you the perfect night away so that's what you'll get, honey'. Senna said as she downed almost half of the champagne bottle. Lilly was my Fede and Senna was my Tilly. Loud and obnoxious most of the time but with a golden heart. I don't know if I choose these people on purpose to be my friend or I was just drawn to these kinds of personalities. But I liked Senna just as much as I like Tilly back home. I liked that I could be both annoyed and love the fact that she always spoke her mind.