Crack

I ran into the house and threw the door shut. My dad was sitting at the breakfast table like every other morning. His iPad in front of him, with the morning newspaper on it. A cup of brewed coffee in his hand resting on the table. He sat like this every morning and yet it felt like he had been waiting for me this morning. 'Dad, I'm so sorry. Please don't be angry with me!'. I yelled as barged in to the kitchen.
I was sorry but if I could rewind the clock, I probably had done it again. I wasn't sorry for what I had done but I should have texted him and tell him I was sleeping at Inola's or something like that. To ease his mind. I just went off the radar. 'Your definitely grounded'. Was the first thing he said. he didn't really sound angry but then again, he never really got angry. He got disappointed and that was definitely worse. 'Rudy called to tell me you were at Fede's. You really didn't think to call me?'. Rudy was a traitor, public enemy number one from this moment on. 'I just slept their dad'. He looked at me and even I didn't believe my words, my lie was so weak. 'But still too busy to call?'. He shook his head. 'You mean to tell me that you slept with an eighteen-year-old boy and nothing happens? On the night of homecoming? I am old but not senile'.
I stayed silent. 'You two may be best buddies but I know Fede since he was a boy and I know he's like a stallion drunk on testosterone. Now I know why you asked me about true love the other night. You two were cooking this up!'. I sat down at the table and looked at him, giving in. 'Is that really so bad? Rather him than a boy I barely know and will cheat on me eventually'. He sighted. 'I'm not angry about, the thing. I'm angry you didn't come home and were too occupied to text me you were staying at Fede. Do you know how scary that is for a parent?'. I nodded. 'I'm sorry dad. It won't happen again. Am I really grounded?'. My dad looked at me over his coffee cup, taking a small sip. 'I don't know, I should ground you. But that would also be kind of hypocritical since I did the exact same thing to my folks on homecoming night'. I laughed and brushed my hand through my hair. My father's frown broke and he cracked a smile. 'Just Don't leave me worried kiddo. I know Fede is a good boy, okay? If you like him that's fine'. I shook my head. 'Fede is not my boyfriend daddy. He is just my friend and it was just for fun'.
My dad stood up as fast as he could. 'I have to go down to the bakery because my ears are bleeding and I don't want to know. Just make sure you and Fede are safe!'. I laughed as he grabbed his keys and put on the hat that was laying on the counter. 'You have more options by the way'. I didn't understand what he meant and he could read that from my face. 'You said; rather him than a guy that would cheat on you. I know it might seem like that sometimes. But there are still humans who can be faithful and kind'. I smiled and nodded. 'Just don't put the bar to low, you are an amazing girl and you deserve more than what you think is possible'. He waved a hand in the air and went out of the house. I grabbed my phone and texted Fede right away.

Rudy called my dad, what a traitor. But he wasn't really that mad. So, I am not grounded, that's a win :)
-My dad really isn't happy about me bringing you home or walking in on us either. So that's fun.

His reply worried me. When my dad was angry, I got maybe a few unnecessary life lessons or I had to go to my room. That was my worst-case scenario. When Fede's dad got angry, he beat the crap out of him. And nearly kills him.

Sorry for getting you in to trouble :(
- That really isn't your fault. He's just looking for another excuse to get angry with me. I just stay out of his way, sleep in the shed and go out with the boys today.

It was insane how normal this was to Fede. And I felt like a bad friend for not doing anything about it. But Fede was so headstrong, especially on this topic. He didn't want help. And I didn't want to push anymore.

Okay, if anything is wrong, please call me.
- Don't worry so much Jade, I'm fine really. Plus, I'm going up state on Thursday to buy parts with Rudy. He just asked me to come with him so he knows what to buy for his tractors. That means I'll be out of my dad's space for a while.