Rush

She looked just as vibrant as ever, even in that very awful black toga that covered her from neck to feet. Her smile was just something you couldn't get past; it took you under her spell.
Her face was so incredibly beautiful; you just had to look at it once to know what i meant. She was magnificent in every single way.
As she got her paper roll with a smile from ear-to-ear people clapped for her; my hands couldn't stop clapping. I had never been prouder at someone, including myself.
She shook hand with the professor on stage and laughed with all the joy in the world. God, she deserved every applause in the world. People didn't understand what she went through, how strong she really was.

As the ceremony ended and people started to walk up to family and friend, receiving hugs in form of congratulations i tried finding Jade. Jade stood next to two girl who got hugged while she just hanged out in the back; clearly feeling alone with an awkward smile on her face. Her arms wrapped in front of her chest above her round belly. As I watched her from a distance it once again dawned on me that she would be the mother of my child.
I walked up to her, keeping my eyes on her afraid i might lose her in the crowd. For a second i thought she might notice me. She looked directly at me it seemed but then she looked away without really giving any reaction to it. Then, only a few second later she looked again. Realizing and truly understand who she had seen in the crowd. Her eyes went big and her mouth opened up in disbelief as she yelled; 'FEDE?'. She yelled it out so loud people actually looked at her like she was crazy. But she kept her eyes on me as she ran towards me. She barged in to me as i grabbed her tightly; stepping back to find my balance while lifting her up from the floor. 'How are you here?'. She stuttered as she held my face with both hands, squeezing my cheeks tightly. 'You had two more weeks to go?'. I nodded my head and smiled as well. 'They said it was fine for me to go home. You really didn't think i would miss this moment in your life? Jade, i am so incredibly proud of you and i know you'll do great things. She beamed with pride as she stood back on the floor and pulled me out of the crowd in to one of the quieter corners of the room. She grabbed my face and placed a thick kiss on my mouth. My fingers brushed through her hair as her hands felt warm on the back of my neck. I felt like no kiss could ever be close enough. Her tongue slid into my mouth as mine twirled around hers. Her breathing got heavy as her mouth formed a smile. 'Your here; I can't believe this. This is the best gift in the world. I missed you so much'. She said as she squeezed my arms, her mouth still on mine only parting a little to talk. I nodded. 'Your here'. She repeated. She kept saying it and i just kept nodding until our kissing stopped and we just looked at each other. 'I missed you too, baby'.
I touched her cheek with my hand. 'Talking about gifts; i got you something'. Oh, this would be fun. 'Graduation present'. I clarified. She shook her head and looked up to the ceiling. 'No, you didn't. Fede, you being here really is the only thing i want!'. I bit my bottom lip out of excitement. 'Can't wait to see your face with this one, Jady. For the record; graduation gifts are allowed in this relationship, so suck it up'. I reached into the pocket of my jacked and handed her the little velvet box. 'It's not a ring'. I warned her. 'You asshole! I'm kidding'. She joked as she opened the box and looked at the bracelet. 'I hate you'. She said in disbelief as her mouth dropped. 'Fede, this looks so expensive'. She complained. 'And i know, you did that on purpose'. I grinned and helped her put it on her wrist. She watched as i tried to concentrate on the little lock at the end of the bracelet. 'Maybe i did'. I confessed. 'But, do you like it? I thought it would look pretty on you'. I looked up to her and received another kiss from her. 'I absolutely love it, Feddy. Thank you'. I smiled and moved my nose against hers.
God it felt great to be this close to her again. I almost forgot how great she smelled and how tasty her kisses were. 'I probably shouldn't wear it on the subway'. She joked softly as my hands found her belly. Carefully feeling around to see how it had grown. 'No, I wouldn't do that; you would make a criminal very rich'. She looked at me and i figured i had said too much. 'Oh my god, I have no clue about jewellery. What do you mean rich?'. She looked at her wrist like a bomb was wired around her wrist. 'I'm not saying how much exactly; but, you're a millionaire'. Before she could protest and i knew she really would, i interrupted her. 'You're just going to deal with it, Jade. It will be something you can pass on to our daughter; if we get a girl'. Her hands slid over my face. 'Are you happy fed? You look happy'. I smiled and nodded. 'I never liked my life more than i do right now. I feel so grateful that you're in my life, knowing I'm going to grow old with you. And I'm really fucking thrilled I'm going to be a father. Who would have thought that eighteen years ago? When i walked into that bakery, in that boring little town of ours'.
She shook her head. 'Don't hate on it; i know you like that boring town'. I nodded, she was right and i had been thinking about that a lot. 'Maybe we could live there someday?'. I asked. She looked surprised but also thrilled. 'You mean that?'. I nodded. 'It's a great place for a child to grow up and I don't know if the city is the best place for a child, or me. Plus, it's close to your dad and he would be so sad if he didn't get to see his grandchild everyday'. She scratched my facial hair with her nails; i needed a shave. 'Won't you miss Spain?'. 'I don't have to sell my house here. I am really fond of my house; I know you think it looks like a hospital'. She giggled. 'We could stay here whenever we want. But i would like a normal house to raise our family in. With just three bedrooms or something like that, a simple bathroom and a nice porch to have breakfast on with you. I think that would be best for us. Jade laid her head against my chest. 'I think so too'. 'Really?'. I said exited. 'Yes, why not? That town will always be home to me. Plus, now that I'm a graduate i get to decide where i open a practice. Better move now than when i have built something here'. I nodded and laid my hands on her behind and softly squeezed. My hands were all over the place. I wanted to touch every part of skin on her body.