Chapter 1: Money Paradise

Hi, take a min of your reading to read this short note.
This is my first book and fanfic so far.
All the hate will either be destroyed by my sis comeback skills or not even noticed.
I do care about peoples opinions, but there's no need for hate.
This chapter is only a filler to start with.
Hope you enjoy it! :)
Word count: 1643

-----------------------------------------------------------

I was in my office, doing paperwork when I heard a knock on my door.
With simple 'come in' a tall figure opened the door and entered the room.
It was Natasha, my best friend and also second in charge. She had a worried look on her face that was mixing with an aggressive one.

"Er, you might not like this, but your father is here and he wants to talk to you" She spoke in a raspy voice while approaching my desk with a full hand of files.
As I was about to reply and tell her to get him out of the fucking building, doors open again, this time without anyone nocking.

"Dear we need to talk. " I heard my father say, making my blood boil.
The audacity to call me dear after not contacting me for years? I knew that the only way of keeping my temper low was slicing that ego of his.

"I can't now, I'm busy" I said not looking at him, reaching for documents Nat has given to me, nodding her to leave ensuring I will be fine.

"It's important, we need to talk now" he said raising his voice, obviously impatient.

"Hmmh let me see...ah! The next free date for chit-chatting with you is in 50 years!"I spat out forming a bit of a gasp trying to sound as much dramatic as I could.

I see him shutting the door of my office, and approaching my desk, still not looking at him.
He comes to my table and harshly hits the desk with his hands, and we finally make eye contact.

"Look, I don't have time for your shit so listen, I teamed up with Russians and have a plan of taking down Vipers, and after that other small mafias aren't a problem. I could be the top Mafia leader! We just need you to join us." He spoke, his voice dark and excited like he was expecting me to say yes.

Was I going to say yes? Hell no.

Firstly, I don't like Russians, I had many problems with them, and no matter how dark our job is they do some things like human trafficking, killing people and selling their organs, kidnapping and much worse. Their leader Ante Armaturov has tried bringing me into this work, but after my strict declining things between us have been intense.

"I'm not joining, and before you try to say something that will lead up to a fight my word is final at this theme, not yours" I saw as his face went from one overly excited to dark, angry one.

Well, he can suck it.

"You will regret it" He told me his dark gaze never leaving mine.
I knew even if he wanted to, he couldn't kill me or get me killed, my mother would never forgive him that, and I'm his only child.

As he left my office I turned to the clock to see it was almost 2 p.m.
It was time for the second lunch break.
We have 2, so the building will never be empty and on risk of being raided.

I put on a black coat and put all my belonging in my purse I texted Natasha.

Hey Nat, you up for some good sushi?
Just got done with asshole.

Yeah sounds good.
Wanna go shopping after?

Sure. Meet me at the entrance of Fiaz's buildings.

Will do. :)

I walked out of my office locking it, got into the elevator and went to the first floor.

Even though on the first floor was a lot of people coming back from missions, eating and just chatting everything somehow looked organized.