Chapter 21: Hopeless

Word count: 1104

______________________________________

Ernalines POV:

Fuck. Why does my life have to become fucked up? Can't I just live a normal life, without any torturing killing and shit. Obviously, not.

In the past days, I manage to break the chair down and slam down the doors, which got me in a state of a few broken ribs and a bloody nose. Just don't ask.

Now I'm here, strapped in a wooden chair, ready to shoot my shot. Doors swing open, revealing two monsters, walking in, like they own the world.
Do they? Do humans own the world? Absolutely no. They don't own anything. Nothing in this world belongs to them. But yet, they seem to act like they own everything, like they rule everything, like they are the mastermind. That life is a game, and they are its rulers.
I wonder how people like those don't feel any logic hit their head. I almost feel bad for them.

They are the players, life is the ruler and its soldier is death. If you play by the rules of life, you end up dead. If you don't play by its rules, you end up dead. If you mix and hide, you are reassuring yourself, just a bit more time than others have.

But your life, just like others, will come to end.

"Look who we have here. My lovely daughter. Traitor who won't give us information" My fa- Enzo spoke, trailing his fingers and cupping my chin, to which I fiercely turned my head away. "You lost the privilege of calling me your daughter the day I was born" I felt a sting on my jaw as he punched me, and my insides were burning that I could feel a metallic taste in my mouth.

A traitor? Me? If anything, he betrayed my mother by killing her, torturing her child. He betrayed that little girl who called him father by throwing her in a room full of hungry men. He is the traitor.

I remember the time when I was younger. Only parts of my life that weren't stained, that were pure, were once I lived as not even a child, as a toddler. He would work most of the days, not even spend time with me.
I always thought I did something wrong, and that he was mad at me. Oh little me, if only I knew. He was mad at me the moment he got to know my mother carried a girl.

All of the memories sunk, all of the swings and pool full of ducks fade away as another punch hits my jaw.
"You bitch, tell us where are their warehouses"

"I don't know! They move them every 10 days to another place" I yell back, with the same strength as them.
They have been trying to break me down for the past few days, mentally, because they already did physically.

He thinks they hold some power over me, but they don't even know what I planned for them. Just because I act dumb doesn't mean I think dumb.

I jumped with the chair still tied against my body, swinging in the air of the room, landing directly on Enzo, as the chair crushes on him. With my hands and legs free, I go to attack Ante who is already grabbing a knife. Twisting his hand makes the knife drop and I pull his arm to my waist as his head lowers and I bring my knee up. As I hit his head I hear him groan under, and I push him away, grabbing the knife and slicing his throat.
"You bitch, you will pay for this" My father said, as he stumbled to stand up, and in a matter of no time, I locked him up and sliced his throat.

This is not how I wanted him to die. I wanted it to be slow and painful, but if I want to get out alive, I need to do it quickly. Sadly.

When I made sure they are dead, I took Enzo's phone and dialled Natasha number. I need to be quick. I still don't know how many guards are outside and where exactly am I. Besides, my stomach is giving me horrible cramps. Something's wrong.

"Hello?" A raspy voice on the other side of the line said, giving me relief as I finally heard her voice in what feels like ages. "Natasha" I breathe out, as I try to tear sheets to bandage my fresh cuts. "Ernaline?Oh my God, I'm so happy to hear your voice. Are you okay? Where are you?" She ask, but my mind starts to get blurry as O try to keep it focused. I need to stay awake. "I-I don't know, but Enzo and Ante are dead. Just-just track the phone or some shit!" I yelled in frustration, covering my cuts with bed shits in a secured way to stop it from bleeding.
"It's alright baby, we are coming. Just hold one, it's 10 minutes away. Any second now" She says in a reassuring tone, but something else catches my ears. "We?"

"Yeah we, Steve, James and I"

"No, no! I rather die in here than get saved by James Barnes. You can tell him to go to hell I will find my way out of here all alone!" I yell, maybe too loud and silence follows after me, and I don't know how to react." Please, Erny, just this time don't be stubborn and put your ego aside, I need you."
She pleaded calmly but it felt like she will break down any second. It made me feel bad for her, she's my best friend my 'sister from another mother' and I couldn't do that to her.

"Fine. Please be quick, I'm losing a lot of blood and the room is kinda spinning" I lay down on the bed, focusing on the phone that was in my hand, but I wish I didn't "Losing blood? What no, no. We are in the building, don't worry. God if they weren't dead I would've killed them! Nobody hurts my sistah!" She yelled and I laughed before my vision went completely black and the phone fell out of my hands on the floor. Even tho my eyes were closed and everything was dizzy, I still heard someone enter the room, run towards me, and pick me up.  That's when I completely blacked out.

Just by the touch, I could remember who it was. I could never forget. My world once spun around him, when he gave me a sweet smile.

But not anymore.