Chapter 8: Realistic

Word count: 1794

-----------------------------------------------------------
James POV:

It has been a week since Ernaline has come home all bloody. She had been in her room all the time, not talking to anybody. The only time she's out is to eat, again not speaking to anyone, and going back to her cage.

Her best friend Natasha has come home almost the same day. I could see she was very worried. At the same time, there was this weird tension going with Natasha and Steve, but nobody's talking. The whole situation is driving me nuts. Ernaline isn't talking and is always in our room, Natasha and Steve are under huge tension keeping me out of it, and Pablo is staying as far as he could from me. The family nurse said that Ernaline has healed pretty well, but that her back hurt and there's a cut on her arm that's still a bit sensitive.

I came back from the work, this time it was 2 p.m. earlier than usual. I entered my bedroom just to see Ernaline laying on the bed drawing.
I had enough of this mysterious shit.
I grabbed the notebook out of her hand and put it on the night table.

"You're going to speak up, now" No response. She wasn't even looking at me. How could such a dangerous woman be so childish? She turned to another side pulling covers up to her shoulders as she remained silent ignoring me on purpose.

I turned her around so she was laying on her back as I sat on top of her pinning her hands above her head not gripping them too much, cause of her being still sensitive.

I leaned in into her ear and whispered "Anytime now doll" as I heard her breath fasten. I was looking her deep into her eyes. They were icy blue and a bit puffy from what I expect was crying.

"My father killed my mother after he found about me helping you" She finally spoke up her gaze tracing to another side. She looked hurt but was very good at hiding it with a poker face. I could feel my heart sink in as she spoke those words. I got off her and sit down as she did the same.

She looked at me and we shared long eye contact. "I'm sorry I didn't know" "No it's okay, it's not your fault" She gave me a sad smile as she looked at me again her eyes wandering and losing in mine, as they suddenly lower for a few seconds, I knew she looked at my lips. I leaned in looking at her eyes as she did the same.

As our lips were millimetres away from each other, but then someone knocked on the door and then opened it, and we quickly separated even more. It was Natasha.

"Hey you too, lunch is ready everyone is waiting for you" She smiled and as I gave her assuring nod she closed the door and I could hear her walk away.

"We umm better get going then" Ernaline spoke to me shifting on the bed a bit. She seemed nervous, and I have never seen her like that before.

I have been enjoying that spaghetti. Probably one of my favourite meals I have had so far. Everyone was sitting at the table, and Ernaline was chatting a bit. It was great to hear her speak and joke again after a week of silence. In all of the laughing, I heard Steve groan and then choke on his food. I glanced over to Natasha to see a smirk appear on her face but just for a bare moment, before it went go cold expression again.

"Is someone going to tell me what's going on here" I have yelled furious and frustrated. I really can't keep up with all the family drama.

"THIS DORK HERE HAS LIED TO ME ABOUT WHO HE IS"

"SHE HAS DONE THE SAME TO ME"

All the eyes were now on the end of the table where 4 of us were sitting. Suddenly I heard a lot of gasps and laughs. There has been Steve soaking wet with what I expect is water pouring down his head to his trousers and shirt. Nat had poured a whole glass on his head and burst out of the room. Same minute Steve aggressively stood up throwing his chair across the room making his way out.