Chapter 5: Trouble in Paradise

Hehehehehe

Okay hi! Let's do this!

Word count: 2353 (but don't be surprised if one day I just publish a 500 words chapter hehe)

-----------------------------------------------------------

James POV:

"It's okay mom, it's okay. Nobody got hurt it's not a big deal" I lied.

"What do you mean it's not a big deal James!? Dust is the only thing left from our house! You better start speaking now! She said in an angry voice which I never question while crying her eyes out on my a bit bloody shoulder.

An hour ago

I have left Ernaline at her house and was ready to go pick up mom from a mall. she wanted to buy some new decorations for the house and fancy clothes, with which I don't find any problem. I was ready to pick her up, but then my phone rang. I wasn't in the mood for any business calls or annoying workers. I almost declined my phone call but when I saw that Alexandra, Steve's younger sister was calling, I immediately picked it up.

"Yeah?" I answered in a grumpy voice, waiting for her to start speaking. There was a silence on the other line lasting moments before I heard coughing. "Alexandra, what's going on," I asked furious and anxious at the same time. After hearing deep breathing and groaning she finally spoke from the other line, leaving me frozen in shock.

" James, someone put a bomb in the house, everything is on fire, please come here quickly" whit those words coming out of her mouth she ended the call leaving me paranoid. Within seconds I called the first phone number in my contacts, "Steve you need to come now, I don't have time to explain I will send you the address to pick up my mother. When you get her come to the safe house as fast as possible!" I ordered him in a raspy voice not letting him answer as I turned my car around and quickly sped off to the house.

On my ride home terrible thoughts entered and flew in my head. What if Alexandra is in bad condition? What if someone just waited for this to happen so they can attack us? What if my mother, Rosa, was in there?

Suddenly all that was going through my head was the letter. I should've predicted this. Now I have to suffer from my consequences.

As I came home I saw dust, flames, and smoke. Outside of the house was Alexandra sitting under a tree. She wasn't alone, around 20 other men were sitting in the forest that was on the other side of the house, yet far away so it didn't catch on fire. I rushed over to her, she was slightly bruised and I saw her cleaning her wounds while chugging a bottle of beer. I just rolled my eyes at the sight. Alcoholic.

"Need any help you over there" I yelled seeing all of them turning around looking at me. They all stood up, helping the injured ones and making their way here.

"Thank god you're here, we could die and you wouldn't come home, literally" she yelled back at me rolling her eyes in annoyance and sarcasm, but I know she was just covering her pain with it. Bruises might've been small and not deep but they were everywhere. Could be described as a cat scratching you everywhere.

"How many of you were inside? Did everyone got on time outside?" I calmly asked hoping to hear good news.

"It was around 20 more men in the building including maids" She answered giving me a small sad smile as we saw a car approaching our house. It was Steve's car. Not a minute later I could've seen my mom getting out of the car furious but I could see she was terrified deep inside.

"Oh Cara mijo what has happened here, is everyone okay!?" She cried out giving me a tight hug while burying her head in my shoulder.

"It's okay mom, it's okay. Nobody got hurt it's not a big deal" I lied.