Epilogue

Word count: 3111 (I've outdone myself)

______________________________________

*18 years later*

Walking out of the building, I took my most graceful steps in white high heels trying to prove my feet weren't feeling like walking on sharp stones.

The moment I stepped out, a bunch of flashes and cameras were pointed in my way, not seeming like one picture was enough. I rolled my eyes out in annoyance as a high-built man walked in front of me, one behind me, pushing everyone away, making space for me to walk.

There were so many questions, which I choose to ignore. The business has been at its highest, and I've been earning so much money, that I just want to throw it. After some consulting, I've decided to open a non-profitable found and give money to pay for bills of therapy and medication for kids that have suffered from any kind of abuse. People couldn't help me when I was younger, but I can change that at least a little bit.

Now that I have kids, I think differently.

I stepped inside the brand new car I have gotten a couple of weeks ago and drive off slowly. On my way home I text Aida.

-Hey darlin is everything good? Are you home yet?

Heya mom-
Yeah, I'm home and so is Aiden.
It's just dad and Lucias that isn't here. I'm a bit worried cause they fought last morning.

-Really? I didn't know about it.
I'm sure whatever happened was just
heat at the moment.
Please text them for me, it's on the orange traffic light.-__-

Gotcha!-

I'm sure whatever happened between those two couldn't be that bad. James never says anything he might regret later in heat of the moment, he learned that hard way. On the other side, Lucias is 16 and always wanted to be treated as an adult even tho his personality is of 6y old. If a fight was based on that, as it is most of the time, maybe this will be a lesson to him. Who knows.

On my way back, I got everyone some iced coffee and Aiden some strawberry milkshake.

Turning off my car, I stepped outside of our garden. Once dark and fright
frightening walls of this property of ours, turned into colourful and brightening once, with positive atmosphere going around, no trace of death or a drop of blood anywhere.

I found my light inside his eyes. Turned my nightmares into dreams. Sadness to happiness. Tears that once weighted like bricks on my heart, turned light as a feather. Once matt eyes turned into bright ones, full of life.

And I know that it was the same for him.

We discovered parts of each other that weren't visible. But not every eye deserves to see beautiful things. Not every person deserves to be in our lives. Family or not. It doesn't matter. Not to us anymore.

We've built our family, and with our family, we built our empire. We took time for our passions and hobbies. We've tried new things. New combos. Travelled around the globe and saw the beauties. We've expended our eyesight.

We've finally seen what happiness and love felt like.

Saw life from another point of view.

But we didn't forget about our demons. We never will. They made us strong, but not who we are now, or ever were.
They will always be part of us. Be here to remind us what we once were, and to never do it again.