Chapter 27: Families Poison

Word count : 1511

______________________________________

"No, you're supposed to cook it for 10 minutes!" She said.

"No, you're supposed to cook it for 15 minutes!" I said.

"No yo-" And that's how it has been going for about 3 minutes between me and Natasha, while Alexandra just sat on the boot of the kitchen counter and looked at us.

We were making mac n cheese. "Putana" Natasha mumbled under her breath kicking macaroons away from my grasp. "Cagna" I screamed jumping on her with a wooden spoon, tickling her on the ground.

Alexandra stood up from her seat slowly, picking me up from Natasha and lifting us both off the ground. "Okay, okay stop. I can't keep up with your universal swearing asses. I will cook macaroon, Natasha make pancakes and Ernaline take care of cheese." She turned on her heel and snatched macaroons from Natasha and I instantly scoffed. "Why do I have to get the easiest job? Are you scared I can't cook?" She turned towards me and gave a very fake smile and said "No, everyone can cook. But most people poison you."

If she wasn't Steve's sister, and I didn't like her, she would be dead by now.
But I like her and her humour is dry.
Bitchy.

In case you're wondering why are we cooking in a house full of maids, well... Rosa got sick and wanted us to cook. So we said yes.

The woman got cold and has a high temperature, so now James and the doctor are helping her out.
Steve...... Steve, well I don't know where Steve is. He and Natasha arrived a few hours ago, but I haven't heard where did he go after he unpacked. Might I add he was in bad mood for some reason, Alex, the nickname we gave her, said he's just nervous about family stuff? Natasha says it's not her place to say anything.
They have been so secretive that I might end up strangling them for answers. My curiosity is getting the best out of me.

After a while, the food was finished (with the help of maids because we can't cook. At all). Everyone got seated, and not a long after, Steve and James entered the dining room. It was a family dinner, so no Mafia men were inside. I seated myself in between Natasha and Alexandra, while Steve and James were on the other side of the table, having Rosa sit at the head of the table. She was coughing slightly, but nothing to be worried about, said the doctor. Food was amazing, melting in my mouth like ice cream, but with much more flavours. "Can you pass me the chilly?" Politely asking Steve, I reached my hand out across the table and he brought it to me.

I just really wish we could eat sushi. I haven't eaten it for months. Maybe I can get some for my birthday, or when this is over. Although my birthday is in like 2 months or some shit. I kinda forgot which November, but it doesn't matter, because I will wake up, and know it's my birthday. After all, Nat will be screaming the birthday song from the bottom of her lungs.

Alexandra stood up slowly tapping on her glass filled with orange juice. Yes, orange juice. Someone figured out it wouldn't be nice for everyone to drink wine and me to drink orange juice, so instead, we all had it. But that's beside the point.

"Guys, I do like to say something" Alexandra said a bit more quiet than she usually talks, and Steve had a reassuring look on his face mixed with a lot of different feelings I couldn't quite sort out. "Alright, go ahead kid" Rosa said, drawing her glass empty. "Okay, uh, I will not complicate this, so I will just get straight to the point. I-uh-you see"
She started stumbling on her words, and I swear I could hear something snap inside me. "Just say it God damn it!"

"I'm a lesbian!"

She laughed nervously, and in the silence of the room, it felt very awkward, as I just stared at her blankly. "Please say something..." I stood up from my seat, slamming the fork on the table, and she gulped slowly, looking into my eyes and dead serious face.

"Yes! Yes! YES!" I screamed from the top of my lungs "Finally a woman who isn't dumb enough to find men attractive!" I hugged her tightly, feeling her relax under my touch. "You got me in the first half not gonna lie" She mumbled with her chin against my shoulder. I laughed openly and was happy for once in a long time.

After a few more minutes of adjusting, I saw that Steve was finally relaxed. Alex's face turned into a sad smile, and like she could read the worry that built up in me at the moment she answered my unasked question "I'm so happy you guys accepted me, and support me." She added, a smile forming on her face as she pressed her lips tightly. "I honestly don't know why were you so worried about it. We are all your family, we would always support you."

"Unless you rob a bank, then I would be mad because you didn't call me in for."The sudden shift in her mood had happened, but I didn't realize it at the moment and went on rambling while cutting the "Hey, is everything good? You don't look like yourself, you're a bit... pale." She raised her head from the table, her eyes watering so hard, that you just waited for the tear escape, but she held them in.
"Yeah." She let a shaky breath as she smiled sadly, but it was obvious she was not okay. "Hey, what's going on? You know you can tell us everything right? Did I say,  something wrong?" Looking at me with a panicked look she quickly replied. "No, no it wasn't you! It's just... Uh God... when we visited our parents, I decided it was the best moment to tell them, Steve and I were really excited, because Nat didn't know either at the time, but my parents... they uh... kinda yelled at me and our dinner ended up with me packing my bags and going to the nearest hotel." She said nervously, losing her voice at the end.  Bowing her head down, she stared at the ground while playing with her fingers. Sneaking an arm around her back, I gave her a long hug. 

She must feel so horrible, thinking she did something wrong, when she was doing just the right thing. Expressing her feelings to her parents.
I hate them. I hate them so much for that even though I never met them. Now when I think about it, I don't know James that well either. Suddenly, I felt so weak and the room was spinning a bit so I did what I thought was right "Hey, it's okay. We will always be there for you... I hope I can be excused from the table, I need to go to the bathroom." I said politely, hugging Alex for one more time before turning my attention to Rosa, when she replied "You're excused" with a small nod and smile, which I returned.

I felt so dizzy, that I don't even know how I got up to my room. Something's wrong. Something's definitely wrong and I need to find out what. Could it be? No, absolutely not. But again, after everything, wasn't this what I suspected all along?

This is serious. I need to find a doctor. One that is going to take this very seriously.

Should I tell James and others? Can I trust anybody at the moment? I'm so scared.

Interrupting my thoughts, James stepped into the room taking off the long coat he had worn throughout the dinner for no reason. "Hey doll, is everything okay? You haven't returned to the dinner..." He said slowly stepping towards me while unbuttoning his shirt, his eyebrows furrowing bringing out a worried look on his face. "Yeah, I just didn't feel like it, I didn't want to upset anyone," I said smiling as sweet as I could. "I will go take a shower." Standing up from my seat I grabbed a pile of fresh clothes I picked.

"Mind if I join you?"  Taking off his belt in swift motion, his lips curled in a smirk. "I, actually want to get shower alone. I'm sorry but I need to clear my mind there has been so much lately.
I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but James I'm trying, just give me space" He looked a bit hurt, but silently nodded and down on the bed.

I lied. I wanted him to join me. But I couldn't.  I'm scared of what is happening and I need to find an answer.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking this...

______________________________________

I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote babes!

What do you think is going in?