Chapter 19: No Time To Give Up

Umm...I'm deeply sorry for *cough* *cough* it.
TW: self-harm

______________________________________

It's been exactly two weeks since er have been searching for Ernaline. No track on Russians or her father have been made. They must have been in strict hiding. Cowards. I will slit their throats the minute I see them

Punching the life out of the bag that was standing in front of it, getting all built up anger out. As much as I was telling myself she's alive, she's strong and will survive that much was denying that she's alive. It was eating me alive.

Peer-pressuring almost all of our men into finding what happened, not only was I drowning my energy, but they're also. By the time that has passed, I sent half of them to their normal duties. My heart was fighting with my head about it, but I knew deep inside that if she is alive, I will find her, otherwise our Mafia will fall apart if nobody does properly the job they are supposed to do.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realize until someone embraced me into a tight hug from behind, pushing me away from the bag.

"Natasha, babe, your knuckles are  bloody and open-cuted, why didn't you wrap them?" Steve's hard voice whispered somewhat softly in my ear.
I guess I didn't notice. They were bloody, and I felt it. I felt the pain but didn't turn my attention to my hands. I deserved the pain, I deserved to be in pain.
"Sorry, I got lost in my thoughts, again" I lied. Something I hated the most in the world was lying, liers, but here I was. "You need to stop doing this to yourself. We have been doing everything to find her. It's not your fault. Please, princess, don't blame yourself" at the moment, Janes walked into the gym, his hands tucked in the pockets, his black hair messy and wet probably from a shower.

"I don't blame myself. I blame him." He knew who I was talking about even tho I never pointed at anyone. It's my eyes that were piercing holes in his body, and he was doing the same to me. "How dare you" I could hear him grit with his teeth clenched, eyes turning dark and fearful. "Yeah I dare, it's all your fault" Both walking towards each other I yelled, but Steve stood in front of both of us winding his arms to make distance, like he knew we were about to make a shitty mistake.

"You two need to stop. Both of you! Er is out there missing for two weeks and instead of searching for her, you're here fighting about shit! She would probably kill herself if she heard those absurd comments and threats." Steve yelled, seating us both in the chairs, and I crossed my arms.

He was right, but at what costs?

______________________________________

"Yeah I'm deeply sorry Mr Stark but Ernaline won't be working on your project. To be honest with you, she wanted to, but some side effects had stopped her, but our best team is working on the designs. I can guarantee it will be great" I found myself drawing butterflies on a piece of paper as I talked on the floor, whole morning. It was getting boring and I don't have a single idea how does Ernaline do all of this.

I put the phone on the table, yawning at what feels like hours of work, as
I wished to die.

Just joking. At the particular moment, Steve, all hurried and grumpy, if that's how you describe a tired hot ass man is. He closed the doors and took steps to me at a faster pace, with a small sad smile. "Good afternoon sexy legs" His now worn out tired face was lifted with a smirk.
"I see we are in good mood, you telling me what's going on?" Smiling with a grin, I dived back in my chair admiring his features for what felt the hundredth time. "Can't I just be happy?" He asked me, seating himself in a chair in front of me and I just shrugged."Look at this" He handed me a folder with papers and photos, but I was only focused on the first paper.

There it was, informations we needed.
Enzos bank account spending, addresses of private houses mansions and others. And the most important one,

Ante was caught on plane radar.

We are finally getting to those rats. A smile flustered as I jumped in Steves lap kissing him and hugging him tightly.

We were on our way to the warehouse, and my mind was filled with a lot of stuff, mainly hope, but there was a lot of disbelieve in the air.

I wanted to find her. She was my best friend, like my sister. Seeing her gain wasn't the problem, the problem was, what if I don't see her again, alive.
It's been two weeks, what if they have already killed her. I couldn't face that, not with her. When I was younger, I grew up in foster care, and never got the chance to meet my real parents, my real family.

But she, she gave some spark. Like we were unspoken platonic soulmates.

I couldn't lose her. Anyone but her.

If Steve could've sensed my overthinking, he put his hand on my tight in a comforting way, massaging my tights, trying to relax me.
I haven't slept well at all since she has been missing, and somehow I drifted to sleep in comfortableness of the seat, and his safe hand.

______________________________________

Word count: 992

I'm sorry, this is a short one, but I'm tired a lot those days. (don't worry I don't have cancer)
It was not in my plan to post this until Thursday, but boy, enjoy!

Anyways enough about me, how's your day/night going so far?

Sophia, you're late.