Chapter 24: Staying Away From Me

Word count: 2019
______________________________________

I groan as strings meet with my flesh.
"Stop complaining, you said you didn't want anaesthesia." Natasha fired from across the room, her hands against her chest as she leaned against the wall. Although she was trying to be rough, she still had a genuine smile on her face. I noticed that she finally let her hair grow. It wasn't that long, it couldn't get in a short time. She was wearing a red strapless top and grey sweatpants."I'm not complaining, I'm being human. If you didn't know, it's normal for it to hurt when someone sews you-" Before I could finish, another pain sets in my lower stomach.

"Alright, alright, you're all patched up. That should be it for today. A couple more days and you will be able to get out of bed" Doctor whose name I have already forgotten, told me, washing and putting the tools away. "Few more days? I have been in this sick bed for 8 days! I'm more than okay. I'm getting out of here" I say jumping off the bed, grabbing my phone and making my way to Nat, so we could leave."Miss, I really don't rec-" Before she could finish her sentence, I was already out, putting on my long black coat with Nat following behind me.

Why are doctors so annoying? It's not even their body, it's mine.

"Hey hey, slow down. I know I can't keep you in that bed for a minute more, but take it easy okay? It's still in the healing process. Try to do work from your office." Catching up with my pace, Nat grit through her teeth in whisper-yelling tone."Fine, I will. Just for your sake, I guess." I said before she showed me the room where I will be. It wasn't somewhat large, but again completely enough space for a single person. I told Natasha we won't be staying here for long, at least I won't. You may have thought things with James started going good, but they just went to its basic. I haven't seen him since the morning after our little trip. He said he had some important meeting, and never came back. I concluded this was his way of purposely staying away from me. What a pussy! Just face with your problems for God's sake!

Opening the wardrobe, I was met with a few sweatshirts and sweatpants and underwear. When those maniacs came into my house, they destroyed everything including the closets. I had some expensive shit there! Jerks. Taking each of the clothes, I walked to the bathroom, which was more than big for some average bedroom. I slowly stripped down, filling the bath with warm water just a couple of inches, I can't get my bandages wet. I slowly and carefully washed myself, and it took me more than usual because of how slow I was. So, thirty minutes after, I put on the clothes, found some socks in the lowest drawer.

I fell on the bed with a force it was supposed to hurt, but at the moment it didn't matter. I brought my laptop on the top next to me, went through e-mails, requests and messages, after that filled papers, signed a green flag for recruits and many, many other shit. The only person that has came to me was Natasha, offering me pancakes which I gladly took. Who on their right mind wouldn't? I told her I would appreciate it if she borrowed me some clothes, to which she rudely responded by 'you're billionaire just buy some and I replied with 'not quite billionaire yet. I only have 940 million dollars on my account' and she rolled her eyes! The audacity this woman has.

I got a sudden urge to make noodles. It's like a food craving I had for so long these past days, and now it is over. I'm going down and making them. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs. I haven't been around for much but it's not that quiet in this place. Especially at night.

That reminds me, where is my gun? I need a new gun. As fast as possible to be given.

Why is it so hard to find a bowl down here? I thought as I searched every cup and drawer, before I heard a soft feminine laugh escape, and before you could say dick someone spoke behind me." Ah Ernaline! You need some help over there?" She said softly laughing as she slowly but steady leaned against the counter.