Chapter 18: Her

Word count:1402
-----------------------------------------------------------
Natasha's POV:

"You fucking idiots! She's gone! I am giving you exactly 24h to find them, or I will kill all of you! Don't bother trying to run away, because I will search for you until I die! All of you, out! Now!" I spit aggressiveness hitting my voice, although it was trying to conceal my frustration and panic.

Trying to hold my tears. I watch them all leave, terrified and paid out of my office. As the doors shut, I finally let myself cry. Smashing a vase on my way to the couch, I hug my legs and let out all of my sobs out.

I couldn't keep it in anymore. It was all too much for me, and then I heard a light knock on the door before the doors open. Lifting my head to meet with a tall figure of a man.

"Hey baby you ready? I was the-oh. Oh, dear, what happened? I swear I will kill whoever hurt you.

Quickly closing the door he made his way to the couch like I will get up and run away any second. Maybe I could do it, to have my dramatic moment.

"She-she called me, and uhh-she-she needed help, I-I told her to go to safe house, uhh-ah-she- she's gone! She's fucking gone and I-I can't do anything about it! I tried explaining, but all the words formed couldn't connect, being stopped by my sobs. I rested my head against Steve's chest, staining his shirt with my tears that were constantly coming, as he hugged me tightly against him.

"Woah-Woah slow down! Okay? Let's try again" Steve told me rubbing my back with his hand slowly trying to relax me. It would usually help me, but now, nothing could.

I felt huge pressure on my chest, an uneven feeling in my stomach that couldn't stop rotating, The pressure was becoming harder and harder, even though there was nothing on it.
My breath became uneasy and I could feel my heart beating fast.
Suddenly, it was so hard to breathe.

"I-I can't breathe" I was gasping load and unclear trying to get the air, everything was too much for me, too much pressure.

"Let's do it together okay, inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth "

I followed his instructions, in a bit faster rhythm than his, but after some time, my breath became even and my pace matched his. I whispered a small 'thank you as I rested my head on his chest.

My head was pounding from all the crying, and my consciousness left. I knew I was sleeping, and it was wrong. I have to find her. But, just a bit more, a bit more. But soon after I drifted to sleep.

(So did I cause I always write at night. Once I dozed off while scrolling through Pinterest for a certain picture. Lmao)

Edit 2:Lmao me. Wait it is me because I wrote it. I can't bear with my shit at 1 a.m.

I was awakened with some manly voices in the background. There was a blanket covering my body as I lay on the couch. Wait, how much did I sleep? I need to go back to searching for her.

I lifted my whole body, to be met with Steve sitting on a sofa, taking a call. His eyes met mine and his smile plastered on his face.
He was still talking on the phone, as I went to the bathroom to wash my face and freshen up real quick.

When I came back, he was sitting on the couch with two cups of coffee.
"Did you sleep well?" He asked me his voice calm.

"I did, thank you. But I have to go back to the work. I can't lose a single second." I answered positioning myself next to him.

Much calmer now, I explained to him the whole situation, holding back tears. I didn't sleep too much, only a few hours and now it was 4 a.m.

*Flashback*

Please be okay, please. Silently praying to God everything will be fine with her, I stepped on the gas, and in a matter of a few minutes, I was at the house.

But I didn't see what I wanted to. Outside, there were dead men, some of them our and some of them their.
Blood coming from them, they were everywhere.  Against the house, in the cars, on the ground. The only thing they all had in common, was that they were all dead. I could feel my heart sink deeper as her car burned in the background.

What the fuck happened? How? There's no way that they could've killed all of the security. But, what if they have, and then tracked her, and when she came here, she was double stood. Couldn't get help, cause help was dead, and couldn't go back either.

Oh no, what if she's dead. No Natasha your thinking negative. But to be honest and realistic, for the mather she couldn't be alive right now either.

I walked inside the house. Furniture was destroyed, windows broken...
I took small steps throughout the house, hoping that she would've just said sike and come hugging me.

But she didn't. I knew this wasn't a joke. They have gotten her.
I can't believe they could've done something like this. A small part of me hoped that he had a bit of love for her still inside somewhere.

But maybe it is better she got rid of him. That manipulative bitch.

In the corner of my eyes, I could see the room she designed for the baby.
Grey coloured walls, now shattered wooden bed, and thrown toys and clothes.

She wanted to live here. To start her small family. Without him. Without them. And then again it was all taken away from here.

*End of flashback*

"It's okay baby, we will find her." He tried calming me but his voice was making me think there's something wrong. Maybe I'm just paranoid? I should ask him anyway.

"Steve, is there something you want to tell me?" Turning my head up to him, I asked while raising an eyebrow. I saw him gulp before signing."Is it bad time to mention that James is gone for a while and I don't know where?"

"Oh fuck" I buried my head in his neck, trying to keep in my tears.
"Shhhh, love, she's going to be fine" He kept saying while brushing my back with a slow pace.
"You don't understand James, she won't be okay! You don't-you don't know things he has done to her!" I was trying to keep myself stable, feeling my eyes fill with tears, as my voice breaks down.

"Since Ernaline has been 10 he had experimented on her. Made her shoot, the targets perfectly with different kinds of weapons, practice fighting, making and destroying bombs and bunch of other shit. Whenever she had mistaken, he would've tortured her with electricity, belts or even let his men do what they want with her! She was a fucking kid! His blood! When she finally escaped him at 17, her mother didn't want to do anything with her. I found her on the streets. She was an alcoholic, taking drugs and in big loans to small gang I had at the time. You don't know what she had been thro! And now they have her! She won't be fine!"

I kept sobbing in his chest, hitting it with my hand even tho I knew it did no damage. I was mad. Furious. I wanted to go and chop his head off when Ernaline shared her story for the first time with me. She was his daughter. His blood. And he did that to his child.
I tried protecting human beings, but now I see, it's useless.

When Enzo found out his wife was carrying a daughter, he was displeased. By his biggest motto, men are there to lead and women to stay behind. But now, it had to be otherwise.

I slowly lifted my head, my eyes meeting with Steve's. They seem to help carry me the weight and were filled with a lot of sympathy towards the story.

Sympathy.

-----------------------------------------------------------

That's all from me, see you next week!

Don't forget to vote.

Fricking 1.11K reads! My heart is fluttering.