Chapter 17: Passions

Hi.
Cat caught my tongue so yeah.
Bye.

Word count: 1104

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ernaline's POV:

"I miss him Nat" I whispered as I tucket onto Natasha's arm.

"But wasn't your relationship fake?" Not taking her eyes of TV she continued our conversation in the same quiet tone.

We were sitting on the couch, tugged in blankets watching a movie she picked, although I didn't really pay attention. I was too distracted.

"Yeah it was for the first 2-3 weeks, but the last 2 weeks were real. We slept together, cuddled, actually talked." I could see as her eyes widen at my statement.

Now that he was no longer here, I missed him. Ways he would look and his eyes give in the lust and fire in them, how he smiles and laughs, but at the same time looks concreted, ice cold. And not to talk about the way he fucks me.

"I'm sorry for not talking about it with you, but you and Steve were away and I wanted you to relax" I could feel a wave of guilt rush over me at the moment.

"It's okay Ernaline, we all have our problems we don't want to share, now don't be a bitch and tell me how's designing your new house going?" Asking me, I could feel that whole mood of the room lightened up as she excitedly squealed.

"Everything is done, waiting for me. I am a very proud woman because I designed it myself. Haven't done any sketches since the business took off, now I miss it" I loved my job, and she more than anyone knew it.

Of course, I needed something to cover up what am I doing in my life and this was more than from usage.

Our mood was lightened up and the night went on talking about clothes, designs and other random stuff.

---------------------------

"Mr Stark it's so nice to finally get to work with you again! I'm very excited for this project we're doing"

Slightly shaking his hand I sat back on my chair. Anthony Stark was one of my biggest clients, I have made restaurants, offices, hotels... for him.

Behind the work, we were very good friends.

Meeting went on and on about the new office, and my workers have presented many different styles, some of them impressing me and their creativity.

"As much as I like those sketches, I would like you to do them" Stark said with a smirk on his face, a more challenging one.

I was a bit taken back. My sketches have been in a huge file case. It would be hard to remember the last time I have actually done some of it.

At the beginning of the company, I did most of the job alone, but as the business took off, I have done less and less... until there was none.

Now I only do meetings, paperwork, interviews and paychecks of course.

"I will see what I can do" As those words left my mouth could see him smile from ear to ear. I signed.

*A week later*

I was sitting in my office, organizing some paperwork and singing to my playlist in the background. Missing out a week of work, there was a whole pile of shit to do. Opening, closing, and moving away folders I tried to keep my mind occupied from all that was happening at work, my personal life and the dark path.

My Mafia and I have been planning a huge shipment of drugs and some gold for a month. Police wasn't that hard to be bought, and if it was, it wasn't too hard to shut it.
The plan wasn't as easy as it seemed in the first place. Shipment was supposed to be done from California to New York, that part of America was considered as a 'property of a few small gangs that split it in half.

Not quite dangerous, but problematic.

My thoughts vanished with a hard knock on the door followed by a light, neutral-toned voice asking me to come in.

I gave in my sorting because I look like a sleep-deprived, workaholic person. Was it good for the baby?

"Good morning Ms Fiaz, just a quick reminder you have a meeting with a new client in half an hour. Oh God, this is in chaos! Do you need help?" Thomas, leaned against the door frame speaking up, ready to shut the doors any second.

"Thank you for a reminder and no I don't need help. Can you bring me some hot chocolate and a chicken salad? That would be everything" Flashing him a tired smile he noded his way out of my office.

Hot chocolate? Now that's a craving.

Turning off a mix of Adele's, Lady Gaga's and Bruno Mars songs, I put all the stuff that I didn't get a chance to organize in a box, leaving my future self to deal with it.

I sighed, sitting on my chair, my elbows on the desk while my headrests in my hands. Running my fingers through my hair out of frustration, I tried leaning in the chair and relaxing.

I look at the clock, fifteen more minutes until the start of my meeting.
Deciding not to touch emails now, I contacted my maid Suzana, to pack her things and then mine, that were going away.
The main rule, never to fill maids with too much information, they can use it against you. You never know.

----------

I was driving with my stuff packed to the new location. Natasha said it would be the best decision to move to a safe place for a while. Ante is behind my neck, just a few steps behind me. And it scares me.

15 minutes in have passed and I would be there in another 15, when I notice a black SUV following me.
Or I'm just over paranoid.

Left. Left.
Right.Right.

Shit, it is following me.

I pull out my phone and speed dial the number I have remembered with my heart. "Hello?"

"Natasha, they have found me." My voice I shaky, I can't breathe.  I can't breathe. I feel huge pressure on my chest. "Natasha"

"Ernaline where are you? Try driving to the safe house, there are guards. I will alert them. I will be there as fast as possible" I  could hear her voice from the other line as I ended the call.

I stepped on the gas and drove because my life depended on it.

But it's too late. They are everywhere. They found me.

----------------------------------------------------------

Agh fuck it. I published it now. Enjoy and don't forget to vote.