chapter 30: Knowing the Enemy (Rewrite)

And after an anticlimactic battle between Jura of Lamia Scale and 'Mystogan' of Fairy Tail B, the first day of the games had reached their conclusion.

1st place: Chaldea 18

2nd place: Lamia Scale 16

3rd place: Blue Pegasus 14

4th place: Sabertooth 11

5th place: Fairy Tail A 10

6th place: Raven Tail 8

7th place: Mermaid Heel 3

8th place: Fairy Tail B 1

Needless to say, the results of the first day were beyond shocking sabertooth the undisputed 'strongest' guild that everyone expected, to place first had dropped down to fourth. What's more Fairy Tail A the 'joke' guild that everyone thought would be in last place was trailing right behind them. So although Fairy Tail B was still in last place the entirety of the guild, was overjoyed at their impressive showing on the first day, it wasn't exactly the best outcome for them. But being only one point behind the 'strongest' was quite the accomplishment, and with Fairy Tail being the rowdy guild that it is a massive party was being held at their inn the Honey Bone.

"Today may have been tough, but we still showed 'em what we can do it's a longshot from first but 5th is still better than anything they were expecting of us!" Makarov shouted happily.

"Since we're in 8th and 5th that means if we average it out we're actually in 3rd!"
Natsu said.

"How does that work!" Lucy said.

"Isn't it 8 minus 5 to get 3?" Natsu said.

"You're too drunk, to do math!" Gray retorted.

"Alright, listen up brats!"Makarov shout

as he stood on a table

"It's a strong start for us but we still have a ways to go we'll climb to the top no matter what and win that huge cash prizes- I mean become the no 1 guild in Fiore!" Makarov said as he raised his mug.

The rest of the guild hollered in agreement, and much revelry was had as they partied like there was no tomorrow with the alcohol, being consumed like water it wasn't long before a fair portion of the guild was drunk. The excitement even managed to draw in other patrons who were looking for a fun time. And so it was that two already sloshed women stumbled in looking for more liquor to consume.

"Whoooo! Wheresh the party aht?!" one of the women yelled who was being held up by the other.

"The last place ran out of beer and sake is there any left here?" the other asked who was less inebriated than the former.

The first woman's was a beauty unlike any other, with her smooth yet executive tone that might held a dangerous vibe to her, with a skin-tone was rather pale looking, which clashed with the red makeup around her eyes, hanging loosely at her waist was a large gourd flask the appeared to be empty,

The second woman had pale-pink hair that was tied up, and had several swords sheathed at her sides, but what stood out the most was the mark on the backs of their hands a circle containing a wave-effect shaped like a (C) and was wrapped in oak-leaves It was the mark of Chaldea.

"More hotties to join the fun~!" Makarov chered with a perverted smile, while drunk off his ass.

Not really caring, that members of a rival guild had just stumbled in, then again most everyone else was either too drunk too disinterested or too unconscious to care.

"Kind of looks like you had enough to drink already," Macao laughed, as he noticed the shorter woman struggling to stand.

"You can barely walk as it is," wakaba said