chapter 31: Merlin Shenanigans (Rewrite)

Flare Corona whimpered in pain, as Alexei struck her across the back with a whip for the 20th time that night for failing to defeat Lucy of Fairy Tail, she was forced to suffer punishment as a result the scarlet-haired girl had been
stripped naked, and cuffed to chains
hanging from the ceiling, while Alexei reprimanded her for her terrible display during the fight, her punishment was made even worse. Since the man was beyond furious that Obra had been interrupted from casting his spell, which subsequently resulted in Fairy Tail's victory over his guild.

"Do you have any excuses for your performance today Flare," Ivan asked, as he struck the woman once more.

Flare was barely able to hold back her tears, but was forced to do so anyway. Should she show any signs of weakness then Alexei would only go harder on her.

"N-no master I h-have none..." Flare said quietly, not trusting her voice to be able to hide her pain and fear.

"You were far too lenient with your opponent!" Ivan shouted as he struck her across her rear. "You toyed with her! Wasted your magic, and let her get the better of you!"

"Forgive me, Master!" Flare said with a tear as the strength of his swings increased.

A moment of silence passed, and the whipping had stopped Flare nearly let out a sigh of relief. When she heard the weapon drop to the ground circling to her front, where she could see him the mask was no longer there and Ivan's face could be seen he looked disgusted with her.

He grabbed her by the chin and forced her gaze to meet his own.

"Forgiveness is for fools!"

Releasing his grip, Ivan walked over to the fireplace and pulled out a metal rod.

"Mercy is for the weak!"

The hair mage trembled in fear when she saw that it was a branding iron that had Raven Tail's mark on its end.

"And sympathy is for the frightened masses!" Ivan shouted as he held the glowing iron up for her to see.

Suddenly the chains binding her ankles retracted and spread her legs open, if she weren't so frightened, Flare would have been humiliated at her body being displayed. Ivan looked Flare over until his eyes landed on the guild mark above her right breast.

"I will say, this your idea to brand the Fairy girl was amusing," Ivan said, as he twirled the iron in his hands. "And although you already have one of your own, perhaps I should give you another?"

Flare panicked, as soon as she saw Ivan lift the red-hot metal towards her genitals.

"Think this will be a good place?" Ivan asked without a hint of emotion.

"P-please I'm begging you don't!" Flare pleaded as her tears finally began to fall.

"What did I just say, about mercy?" Ivan said.

Flare closed her eyes, and braced herself for the unimaginable pain she would be forced to endure, she could feel the heat radiate from the tool and begin to burn her skin. But just before it touched her the door to the room opened, and Nullpudding walked in. Ivan frowned, as he pulled the iron away and Flare let out a momentary sigh of relief.

"What is it?" Ivan asks with a growl of annoyance.

"Sorry boss, I know you said not to disturb you or anything, but Kurohebi said, he saw someone suspicious snooping around thought. He looked like that Mystogan guy" Nullpudding said as he jabbed a thumb over his shoulder.

Ivan clicked his tongue and are-adorned his helmet.

"That old bastard thinks he can spy on me, I'll show him otherwise keep an eye on Flare," Ivan grumbled as he stormed out of the room.

"Got it, boss,"

And so he left Nullpudding alone with Flare until he returned.

As Ivan made his way out of the cellar of the house they rented out, as there is no way they would use a public inn, he was thinking over the multitude of ways that he could try to use this situation to his advantage. It only took him a moment to spot Kurohebi sitting at the dinner table, going over some of the other competitor's profiles.

"Alright, where is he," Ivan asked, grabbing the mage's attention.

"Where's who?" Kurohebi asked in confusion.

Ivan rolled his eyes beneath his helmet in aggravation.

"Mystogan the Fairy Tail bastard," Ivan said.

The dark-haired man perked up at that.

"Mystogan's here?" Kurohebi asked.

Nearly palming his face, Ivan leaned on the table to get down to Kurohebi's level.

"Nullpudding just told me, you thought you spotted him Where," Ivan said.

"What are you talking about boss?"
Kurohebi asked in a worried tone. "Nullpudding turned in about 15 minutes  ago,"

A moment passed before Ivan's eyes widened in alarm, and he rushed back downstairs only to find both Flare and 'Nullpudding' were gone.

"Ahh... Now I do believe this is the part where the frightened damsel in distress shows her appreciation towards her savior with a kiss, usually it's on the cheek, but I'll let you give me one on the lips, just this once~" Merlin said with a teasing tone.

Still shaken from the sudden turn of events, Flare could only stare dumbly at the man in front of her. The man who up until moments earlier looked exactly like Nullpudding, however now she recognized him as the man from the Chaldea team. Who had the almost silver-colored hair it came as a great surprise, when the man spirited her away from her guild, and brought her to an entirely different location. From the looks of the room they were in it must have been another hotel, but a much more upscale one the man then gave her his outer robe to protect her modesty and was now holding out a lovely pink flower for her.

"W-what do you want from me?" Flare asked nervously, it was completely natural seeing as how a rival guild had just kidnapped her.

"Well like I said, a kiss for starters," Merlin said with a smile. "Then maybe your heart and affections~"

Suddenly the door to the room swung open, to reveal a boy with black hair who was wearing a white uniform. The man then turned and inclined his head toward the newcomer.

"Ah! Master to what do I owe the pleasure of your visit," Merlin said.

The boy palmed his face as soon as her eyes landed on Flare.

"O... For the love of God, you kidnap someone," Ritsuka muttered.

"Ah... Master, I think we got another problem at our hands," Bedivere suddenly came from behind Ritsuka.

"What is it, this time?" Ritsuka asked.

"I believe, that one of the other guild members, is disturbing the slumber of the servants, by screaming at the top of his lungs," Bedivere said.

"Dammit!" Ritsuka shouted in frustration.

"And, some of the servants, specifically the Berserkers class, are fighting with him as of right now," Bedivere said.

"How many, and who?" Ritsuka asked.

"Mordred, Hijikata, Hercules, Beowulf, Lu Bu, and Artoria alter," Bedivere filled in the information.

"Go call Jeanne and Shirou. Let's get this mess done before we attract further attention," Ritsuka said.

"As you wish," Bedivere said.

"I'll be dealing with you after this mess is done," Ritsuka pointed his finger toward Merlin. "Now, let's go!"

Disclaimer: I don't own Fate