Chapter 74: Volund

"How strange," Zeus uttered.

"Zeus-sama! Is there something about him? That had interest you!?" Hermes shouted through Zeus' eardrum.

"Something impossible had occurred," Zeus said.

"You're wondering! How a mere human keeps up with the Gods!?" Hermes shouted again.

"Oh! Shut up! I'm not so old that my ear has stopped working," Zeus said, his gaze soon turning back around the arena. "But the true issue here is how does a manmade weapon manage to keep up with Thor Mjolnir, any manmade weapon should've been broken by one hit from any of Thor's attacks. So that should be impossible, as manmade weaponry cannot compete against the Divine,"

"But Zeus-sama, Gram isn't just a normal weapon, after all, it's the legendary sword that brought down the evil dragon Fafnir in Norse mythology," Hermes explained.

"I know, but there's no way a mere sword that is used to slay a dragon can be used to fight a God," Zeus said, he then turn his gaze toward Brunhild who was with an unknown blond man.

"Hermes is there anyone in the other pantheons that might be a traitor," Zeus asked.

"Hm... Why do you think so, Zeus-sama?" Hermes asked.

"Something tells me, that someone else had been helping the Valkryie," Zeus uttered.

Zeus' eyes soon meet with a sight of a blond man standing beside Brunhild, from this range Zeus can feel a slight divinity around the blond man. If that man was the sole reason why the human side can compete with the strength of the Norse God of thunder, then there might be a traitor on God's side.

"Hermes," Zeus called up.

"Yes, Zeus-sama?" Hermes asked.

"Is there any God that has blond hair and ruby-colored eyes?" Zeus asked.

"Blond and ruby... If I remember correctly there's no God that resembles your description," Hermes said.

"I see..." Zeus uttered.

"Is there something that seems to trouble you Zeus-sama?" Hermes asked.

"There might be a traitor amongst us," Zeus said.

"A traitor..." Hermes uttered.

"Whatever it is, I want you to search for the man with the description I told you maybe there's a traitor amongst our rank in the other pantheons," Zeus said, with his cold gaze striking fear in the heart of Geir.

"Ne-sama! Zeus is looking over here, with that creepy eyes!" Geir shouted in panic.

"It has appeared that he had noticed," Brunhild said.

"Doesn't matter, even if he did find out about our existence there's no way he can counter our participant," Gilgamesh said with a smirk.

(Period before Ragnarok)

"W-wh-wha-t!!!" Geir shouted in shock

"You hear what I've said young Valkryie," Gilgamesh retorted.

"B-bu-t! He doesn't look anything alike the nee-sama version!" Geir shouted pointing toward Sigurd who is wearing his mask.

"My apology if my looks disappoint you young Valkryie," Sigurd said under his mask.

Geir keeps shouting words and complaining about how Sigurd of their version looks, Brunhild suddenly came out of the door after taking a few minutes to calm her nerves after the revelation of their Vanguard.

"So have you calmed yourself?" Gilgamesh asked.

Taking a sigh, Brunhild then flicks her finger gaining the attention of Geir.